Pokémon X and Y Walkthrough, Part Twenty-Five: Laverre City and Laverre City Gym
Out of the swamp, into the residential. After a long slog through the muck you've wound up in Laverre City, a homely burg that's much cheerier than the lands surrounding it. Is there a Pokémon Gym Challenge to take here? Let's find out...
- Speak to the little boy looking at the mushrooms near the Route 14 entrance. He'll give you TM 41, Torment. Check the mushrooms themselves for a Tiny Mushroom.
- Next to the entrance is a clothing store. Buy to your heart's content.
- There's a small path between the clothing shop and the adjacent shack. It leads to an Ether.
- The Pokémon Center is to your right. Mr. Bonding is inside with his usual O-Power contribution. Also here is a Poke Mart vendor who will sell you various items for increasing your base stats.
- Beside the Pokémon Center is a man in a black suit. He wants to see tiny pokémon. Show him one and he'll give you a Poke Doll. (I used a Goomy from the swamp.) You can continue to show him tiny pokémon for more prizes.
- Head north, across the bridge. The first building you see is the Pokémon Gym. We'll come back to it.
- Go east of the Gym. Inside the shack is a man who will teach your starter one of three moves: Grass, Fire, or Water Pledge. They're fairly powerful, and become even more powerful if paired with another Pledge move.
- Go west of the Gym. Just above the No Surfing sign you'll see a patch of path that's covered in grass. Check it for a hidden Ultra Ball.
- Go north to the next line of shacks. There's a woman standing outside them who will give you Gengarite.
- Inside the right shack is a woman who will tell you which pokémon you won various Pokémon Badges with...
- ... and inside the left shack is a man who will give your pokémon Effort Ribbons if they've given, uh, enough of an effort. Sure.
- Head east. Outside a cafe you'll find a woman who wants to see BIG pokémon. Show her one and she, too, will give you a Poke Doll. You need something over 9 feet long, so an Onix or Steelix should work. (Thanks to Eva and Gerald for helping on this one.) Also outside is a clump of mushrooms; check it for a Leaf Stone.
- The cafe itself is home to a variety of travelers who can help fill your Pokedex. Stay here in the various areas to maximize the number of people you can speak to.
- North of the city is the Poke Ball Factory. You can't enter it yet, but you can search the two hedge mazes flanking the entrance for a Max Revive and a Max Ether. You can also find a hidden Burn Heal and a Poke Ball in the left maze and a Hyper Potion in the right.
- Enough wandering. Let's see what's up at that Pokemon Gym.
Laverre City Gym
This fairy-type gym features a set of teleporting tiles. You'll have to navigate them correctly to reach the Gym Leader. The map included shows where each of the teleportation pads lead; if for some reason you can't see it, you want to take the left pad, the bottom-left pad, the bottom-left pad, the bottom-right pad, and the top-left pad, in that order. These will take you to the Gym Leader.
Along the way, predictably, you'll run into various gym trainers. Their stats and positioning are included below. You'll run into all four if you use the directions noted on the map.
Furisode Girl Kali (middle)
Dedenne, level 38
Azumarill, level 38
Dedenne is simply too frail to be much trouble. Azumarril is another matter, as it loves to use Aqua Ring to continuously heal its HP, and is good at absorbing attacks. Something super effective like electricity or poison is preferable here, especially if you can use the poison status to offset Aqua Ring's healing.
Furisode Girl Linnea (bottom right)
Aromatisse, level 40
Potentially very annoying. Note the gender of her pokémon and send in a female, as it'll otherwise use Attract and gum up your attacks. Otherwise not that bad.
Furisode Girl Blossom (middle left)
Klefki, level 37
Kirlia, level 37
Granbull, level 37
A few semi-powerhouses here, but nothing too bad. Fire for Klefki, Steel for Kirlia (or any reasonably-strong physical move), and poison for Granbull. As long as you don't try to use dragon-type moves you should be okay.
Furisode Girl Katherine (top right)
Slurpuff, level 40
Defensively potent, otherwise not that bad. Beware of Energy Ball, a grass-type move with a decent wallop.
Enough of the small fry. Time for a nice 'ol boss battle.
Mawile, level 38
Mr. Mime, level 39
Sylveon, level 42
Reward: $6,720, TM 99
A bit tough, but not that bad... so long as you're not leading with fighting-, dragon- or dark-types. Mawile loves to use Crunch after bolstering itself; Mr. Mime and Sylveon will spam Dazzling Gleam, a rather painful fairy-type move. Ground is good for wiping out Mawile, while Mr. Mime and Sylveon should fall fairly quickly to steel-type moves or a straight-out neutral beating. Try to take out Mr. Mime quickly, as he likes to set up Reflect. If you can't stop him before he uses Reflect, wait out its duration before beating him. Sylveon's attacks are a fair bit stronger, and you don't want it protected.
Winning the battle with earn you the Fairy Badge, allowing you to use pokémon up to level 80 without difficulty. You'll also receive TM 99, Dazzling Gleam. Yay! Six down!
- Come back to Laverre Town after beating the Champion and speak to the Team Flare member in the north of town. He'll give you a Dusk Stone.
- Make another return trip between 8 and 9 PM after upgrading the Mega Ring. In front of the well near the bridge is Medichamite.
More by this Author
Fishing rods have long been a staple of the Pokemon franchise, and that hasn't changed much in Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. And, like past games, the Fishing Rod's location isn't made blatantly obvious in this...
Levelling in any RPG can be a pain, and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are no exception. Indeed, the latest generation of games is made somewhat harder than the previous thanks to the ousting of the Vs. Seeker as a useable...
The browser-based classic has a sequel! Check out this Candy Box 2 walkthrough for all the details on besting this cool text-based experience!