Pokémon X and Y Walkthrough, Part Thirty: Dendemille Town
One thing to note here, courtesy of Seven from the comments section, and many thanks for pointing it out:
The lady who charges you a heart scale (In Ambrette there is is path behind the Pokémon Center, to the right, follow it back and around a corner to find a Heart Scale) to "remember" an ability is the only way in the game (that I can find) to have a Gastly/Haunter learn 'Hypnosis' without breeding one and raising it from level 1. This is Important because all of Gengar's best abilities require the target to be asleep, and it seems every Gastly/Haunter are high enough level in the wild where they have forgotten this ability by the time you catch one.
After a fair bit of side question... or not, if you aren't the overly adventurous type... you've arrived in Dendemille Town, home of clean, safe wind power. Is there a Pokémon Gym here to challenge? Or will the brisk weather prove difficult enough on its own...?
- South of the entrance is the Pokémon Center. A woman inside will give you a Sitrus Berry, and, hey, you probably recognize that pink suit by now. Mr. Bonding hands over another O-Power.
- Outside the Pokémon Center is a woman who will sell you MooMoo Milk, either one at a time or by the dozen. Check the bush near the entrance of the Pokémon Center for a Heal Ball.
- Back north. Beside the stairs is a house. Inside is a Move Deleter who will permanently remove moves from your pokémon. This Move Deleter is the only way to remove HM moves from your pokémon. Also here is a Madam Reminder, who will allow one of your pokémon - at the price of a Heart Scale - to remember a move they'd forgotten previously. This can include moves which your pokémon cannot normally learn just by leveling up. Both are invaluable, and you should try to remember where they are for future reference.
- Go south across the bridge to your right. In a nearby field you'll find a Big Root. Check the middle of the bottom-left field to find a hidden Nugget.
- Backtrack to the stairs and head north. Ignore the first set of stairs ahead that ascend to the top walkway and head up to the house. A man in here will give you a Shell Bell if you have registered 70 or more pokémon in the Kalos Mountain Pokedex.
- Go under the bridge to the left, then south to the second house. A girl in here will give you a Leppa Berry if you show her a TM of her choice. The TM appears to be entirely random. (Thanks to everybody in the comments who more or less verified this.) The boy here will give you TM 42, Facade.
- That's all for Dendemille Town. Use the northern exit to reach...
- Immediately ahead of you is a trainer.
Virbava, level 44
Easy. Vibrava is toast with one or two hits.
Run down the path to the east. You'll see a Sky Trainer standing on a ledge. Approach him for a battle.
Sky Trainer Celso
Carnivine, level 41
Swanna, level 44
Carnivine is a bit of a surprise, but if you're using an actual flying-type it will go down in a hurry. Swanna can be more annoying with its higher HP and Aqua Ring, but its offenses are a little lacking.
- Head north, across the bridge. Small cut scene.
- Go east. You'll find a cliff edge. Approach it and a Sky Trainer will attack.
Sky Trainer Era
Cryogonal, level 45
Depending on your flying-type, this battle can range from very easy to very risky. I recommend something with fire to fry it immediately. Otherwise you face an ice-type move that will clip a flying-type's wings in one hit.
- Continue down the path. A crazy old man who apparently has no concept of cold weather is here to challenge you. Just north of him, hidden against the small ledge, is an X Sp. Def.
Smeargle, level 44
Smeargle has the capacity to surprise with Dazzling Gleam. Otherwise? He's kind of a weakling.
- There's a photo spot ahead. Otherwise, you're facing a venture into the Frost Cavern.
More by this Author
You've been there once; time to go again. In this Pokemon X and Y walkthrough we canvas the REST of Lumiose City!
Want to put a new spin on your old pokemon? Discover the locations of the Mega Stones in this Pokemon X and Y walkthrough.
Having through navigating the complexities of Kittens Game? This mighty walkthrough will help you turn your tiny village into a massive, text-based empire.