Pub Quiz Questions and Answers-Quiz 2
Famous English Pub
Here are 60 questions can be used for quiz nights at your local pub or quiz nights organized at your local sports and social club. This quiz has six sections, having 10 questions in the first five specialized topics sections and the final ten questions are general knowledge. The specialized topics sections are:
Myths and Legends
One Hit Wonders
The answers are at the end of the hub, so test your friends and above all, have some fun!
- In which film of 1995 did Jim Varney give a voice to Slinky Dog?
- Which TV cartoon dog often sang My Darling Clementine?
- Which character had friends called Muskie and Vince?
- In Disney's original Fantasia which music accompanied the evolution section of the film?
- Who was Dick Dastardly's cannine sidekick?
- Who had a car called The Compact Pussycat?
- According to himself, who was smarter than the average bear?
- Which smart bird always managed to get the better of Wile E Coyote?
- What was the name of Looney Tunes amorous skunk?
- Which 2001 cartoon film featured the voices of Eddy Murphy, Mike Myers, Cameron Dias, Vincent Cassel and John Lithgow?
Myths and Legends
- Who was the Goddess of love in Greek mythology?
- In Norse mythology, what is the name given to the end of the world?
- Of which god was Cronus the father?
- Who was the falcon-headed god of the sky of ancient Egypt?
- Which twins were the sons of Mars and according to legend, the founders of Rome?
- What was the collective name of the tenders of the sacred fire of Vesta?
- Who was the sister of the legendary King Arthur?
- Sleipnir was the eight-legged horse of which Norse god?
- The Kelpie, of Scottish folklore, takes the form of which animal in order to trick its victims?
- In 565 AD, St Columba is said to have seen which creature of legend?
In the Air Tonight
One Hit Wonders
- Whose There She Goes reached the top twenty in 1990?
- Reaching No. 3 in 1991, Monty Python's Always Look on the Brightside of Life comes from which film?
- Which duo sang je T'aime released in 1969?
- Something in the Air was a big chart success for which act in 1969?
- Whose It's Raining Men reached No. 2 in the UK in 1984?
- Which title was a success for Bobby Ferrin in 1988?
- I'll Be There For You by the Rembrandts was a hit in 1995. To which TV series is this the theme song?
- Your Woman was a hit for which act in 1997?
- What was the song by the Baha Men which was a hit in 2000?
- Who had a hit in 2001 with Because I Got High?
- Which is the highest mountain in North America?
- Which is the world's longest mountain range?
- Renamed Uluru, what is the famous Australian landmark better known as?
- In which African country are the Hoggar Mountains?
- In which major range are the Paine Mountains?
- Which Greek mountain is home to a semie-autonomous monastic community?
- Galdhoppigen is the highest mountain of which country?
- What name is given to a solitary mountain?
- Chomolongma is better known by which name?
- Which is Europe's highest mountain?
- Who was the first president of Cyprus?
- In 1979, which terrorist organisation murdered the Italian Prime Minister Aldo Moro?
- Who was the first black president of Zimbabwe?
- Dan Quayle was vice president to which president?
- What was the first name of President Aquino of the Philippines?
- Who was the president of Zimbabwe in 2005?
- Who was the leader of Romania at the time of the fall of communism there in 1989?
- At the time of the Falklands war in 1982, who was the leader of Argentina?
- Who replaced Nikita Khrushchev as leader of the USSR in 1964?
- Which Libyan king was overthrown by Colonel Gadaffi in 1969?
- Benazir Bhutto was the first woman leader of which Muslin country?
- What does Goat Island divide into two halves?
- What is the golfing term for the close cut grass area around the outside of a green?
- Which country celebrates an annual Day of the Dead in November?
- What was the name of the person known as the Staffordshire Poisoner, who was hanged for murder in 1856?
- What is the better known and quicker to say, name of a quasi-autonomous, non-governmental organisation?
- Cardiff lies at the mouth of which river?
- The Brenner Pass connects which two countries?
- How many degrees of the circle lie between one o'clock and six o'clock?
- Which event in 1929 caused the worst period of the Depression?
Answers to Cartoons
- Toy Story
- Huckleberry Hound
- Deputy Dawg
- The Rite of Spring by Stravinsky
- Penelope Pitstop
- Yogi Bear
- Road Runner
- Pepe le Pew
Answers to Myths and Legends
- Romulus and Remus
- The Vestal Virgins
- Morgan Le Fay
- The Loch Ness Monster
- The Devil
Answers to One Hit Wonders
- The La's
- Life of Brian
- Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourge
- Thunderclap Newman
- The Weather Girls
- Don't Worry Be Happy
- White Town
- Who Let The Dogs Out
Answers to Mountains
- Mount McKinley, Alaska
- The Andes
- Ayers Rock
- The Andes
- Mount Athos
- A Monarch
- Mount Everest
- Elbrus in the Caucasus
Answers to World Leaders
- Archbishop Makarios
- The Red Brigade
- Canaan Banana
- George Bush
- Robert Mugabe
- Nicolae Ceausesco
- General galtieri
- Leonid Brezhnev
- King Idris
Answers to General Knowledge
- Niagara Falls
- The Apron
- William Palmer
- River Taff
- Italy and Austria
- The Wall Street Crash
More by this Author
Test the knowledge of your colleagues at your local pub or sports and social club with this pub quiz (4) which covers general knowledge and some interesting specialised subjects. Answers are supplied.
Test the knowledge of your colleagues at your local pub or sports and social club with this pub quiz (1) which covers general knowledge and some interesting specialised subjects. Answers are supplied.
Test the knowledge of your colleagues at your local pub or sports and social club with this pub quiz (3) which covers general knowledge and some interesting specialised subjects. Answers are supplied.