Shadows - Heretic Kingdoms Walkthrough, Side Quest: Confront Nemek
Kalig, former head of the Guild of Steel, has been restored to life after a most treacherous death at the hands of his own son. He has been brought back to Thole by the demonic Devourer for a second chance at vengeance, and to achieve his ambitions he’ll have to raid his old guild, kill some guildmates, and take down his own flesh and blood. Is the old man up to the task? Or is he begging for a second death…?
Trigger: Arrival in Thole
Reward: Arcanum Key
- Kalig’s personal quest in Chapter I is probably the easiest to get. As soon as you pop out of the House Cellar you’ll hit a cut scene, and when it’s done you’ll have a lowdown on the quest - as well as a rough destination in the Guild of Steel.
- Make a trip to the Guild of Steel, in the southwest of Thole. The guards out front won’t let you in, forcing Kalig to go looking elsewhere in Thole to gain entry. You’ll find it at the Guild of Silk in the northeast of Thole by speaking to Arashad.
- Ask Arashad about Nemek, then ask how you can get into the Guild of Steel. He’ll give you the Key to Guild of Steel Cellar. You can use this Key on the building up and to the right of the main entrance to the Guild of Steel. The entrance is a small door to the left of Fayruz’s market stall.
- (Before embarking on this quest, I highly recommend purchasing a few Weak Health Potions from Rabbath in the market. They’ll come in very handy when sloshing your way through the brutal guards of the Guild of Steel, assuming you don’t bother to jump into Shadows to avoid difficult battles.)
Guild of Steel Cellar
- Populated primarily by Desert Tarantulas, the Cellar isn’t too difficult to navigate. Start by taking the northwest path to the first split, then taking a left. You’ll find a napping soldier by a table. Check him to receive an Iron Key.
- Backtrack to the entrance and head southeast. The path leads you to an Iron Gate. Open the door, but switch to Shadows to go through. A trap will hit your Puppets. Wander up the path and across the Shadows bridge. You’ll be forced back to Kalig as the way out locks.
- At the end of this path and down a set of stairs you’ll find a small room. Check the box on the left side of this room to find an Heirloom Sword. Grabbing this will trigger the appearance of three Steel Wardens on the upper path. Do your best to face them one-at-a-time, and definitely not all three at once. They’re extremely painful opponents for melee-centric Kalig.
- Go up the stairs. They lead to…
Guild of Steel
- Head southeast from the Cellar stairs, fighting Steel Wardens one-on-one as you proceed. You’ll find a room with two more such Steel Wardens guarding a set of stairs ahead. Either take them out or slip past them as the Devourer. The Devourer will have to fight a group of Phantom Spirits, but they’re much easier to kill than Steel Wardens.
- At the top of the stairs you’ll find Nemek waiting, and, unfortunately, the little weasel will flee from Kalig. Fortunately, you’ll receive an Arcanum Key anyway, and you’ll need it to access the Arcanum in the far north of Thole. This will also give you a new personal quest for Kalig, Find Nemek, which will carry over into future segments of the game.
- Now you have to get out of the Guild of Steel. If you wanna do this the easy way you can turn into the Devourer and battle your way to the front door. Hardier warriors can use Kalig to get there through the Steel Wardens, though it’ll be a painful trip. Fortunately, you won’t have to go through the Cellar again to get to this place a second time, and I recommend killing the Steel Wardens if you can - they occasionally drop equipment Kalig in particular will find quite handy.
More by this Author
Want to put a new spin on your old pokemon? Discover the locations of the Mega Stones in this Pokemon X and Y walkthrough.
Photo courtesy of and copyrighted by Lionhead Studios. Lionhead Studios Sadly so. Yes, your early days of revolution in Albion are fairly easy-peasy, but eventually Fable III players will have to raise more than...
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
No comments yet.