The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Shrine of Saint Veloth: A Saint Asunder, Wounds in the World
The machinations of Magistrex Vox become bolder and bolder. After wreaking havoc in Mournhold and tiny Selfora, the mad magic user has shattered the peace of the once tranquil Shrine of Saint Veloth. Will this woman ever stop long enough for you to put an end to her attacks on the dead? Or are you going to chase her forever...?
A Saint Asunder
Location: Selfora / Shrine of Saint Veloth
NPC: Acolyte Gami
Reward: Saint Veloth's Shield, 196 gold
- You can find the NPC for this quest, Acolyte Vela, outside the eastern-most building in Selfora. Look for her just east of the circle in the middle of town on the map. To trigger the quest you must first have completed The Seal of Three.
- Selfora has enough problems, and Vela is about to add another. Magistrix Vox unleashed the spirit of Saint Veloth at the nearby Shrine of Saint Veloth, and things have been going awry ever since. She begs your assistance.
- Leave Selfora and head east. You'll find the Shrine across a body of water, and up the first set of stairs ahead floats a Vestige of Saint Veloth. Speak to the Vestige.
- The Vestige begs your help in restoring his power that he might help you defeat Vox. You need to find the Reliquary Spire, the Reliquary Pendant, and three Reliquary Stones to get the job done.
- Continue up the stairs to enter the Shrine's grounds. The area is filled with Dremora guards, Watchers, and the occasional Clannfear. You've fought them all before if you're on this quest. Hunt around the grounds more or less at random for the three Reliquary Stones. They're all sitting on the edge of fountains.
- The Reliquary Spire is sitting up the hill on the north of the grounds. It, too, is sitting on the side of a fountain...
- ... while the Reliquary Pendant is sitting on the edge of the Shrine's topmost wall as you make your way up the hill.
- After collecting all five items, scale the hill leading to the Shrine's entrance. You'll find one Master Aron near the top. He's happy that you've recovered the reliquaries, but he has a bigger problem: a daedroth just made off with Saint Veloth's Skull. Huh.
- Run southwest down the hill. On your right you'll find a guy named Acolyte Hlen, kneeling by a wall. Speak to him to open up the crypt next to him.
- Inside you'll find the mighty Varvesuu Nograta, a demon of terrible power. Varvessu is a fire-breathing menace that employs a conical AOE attack and a fair number of physical strikes. Strafe around it to avoid the fire attack and smack it to death from behind as much as you can.
- After destroying the beast, check the rubble behind it for Saint Veloth's Skull. Head back up out of the crypt and you'll find the Vestige on the way. Speak to him as you leave.
- Tramp back up to where you met Master Aron and approach the stone dais. Interact with it once you have all of the pieces to restory the full reliquary. Then speak to Saint Veloth's spirit for your explanation and reward.
That's the major quest of the area done. There are two more quests to do in the Shrine of Saint Veloth, though, and one of them pertains to the area. Might as well do it before you leave.
The Wounds in the World
Location: Shrine of Saint Veloth
NPC: Priest Dilyne
Reward: 98 gold
- To trigger this quest you must first complete A Saint Asunder. Once you do, Priest Dilyne will appear beside the bridge leading onto the Shrine's grounds.
- You've probably noticed that the Shrine of Saint Veloth is beset by daedric minions, and they're spewing out of the orange-and-black portals that are scattered about the grounds. You must travel to each of the portals and destroy the Watchers that maintain them.
- The quest is easy enough. There are Watcher portals in the (roughly) four corners of the Shrine. Destroy the Watchers while they're linked to their portals (all you need do is remain near the portals during the fight) and you'll easily close the lot.
- Head to the uppermost dais at the top of the Shrine to find Dilyne. Speak to her for your reward.
More by this Author
In this section of the Elder Scrolls Online walkthrough we try to preserve The Seal of Three. Will you succeed? This isn't the final quest in the quest line, so... maybe... not...?
In this section of the Elder Scrolls Online walkthrough we engage in Trade Negotiations via The Trial of the Ghost Snake. Interesting.
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.