The Orange Box Cheats & Tips
The Orange Box Video Game
The Orange Box was released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Each of the different versions of hte game have different cheats and tips, so below you will find cheats for all three versions in the order that was mentioned right above. So, if you're looking for PC codes scroll to the bottom of the page, and there you'll have them.
Hopefully, these will be of help to you.
XBox 360 Cheats
Half-Life 2 Codes: Enter the code while playing Half Life 2 at any time on any level. This does not disable the achievements.
- Invincibilty: LB, Up, RB, Up, LB, LB, Up, RB, RB, Up
- Restore Health by 25 Points: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A
- Restore Ammo for Current Weapon: Y B A X RB Y X A B RB
- Unlock all Levels: Left, Left, Left, Left, LB, Right, Right, Right, Right, RB
Portal Codes: Enter anytime during the game
- Create Box: Down, B, A, B, Y, Down, B, A, B, Y
- Enables Invincibility: LB, Up, RB, Up, LB, LB, Up, RB, RB, Up
- Fire Energy Ball: Up, Y(2), X(2), A(2), B(2), Up
- Fire Rocket Projectile: Up, Y(2), B(2), A(2), X(2), Up
- Portal Placement Anywhere: Y, A, B, A, B, Y(2), A, Left, Right
- Portalgun ID 0: Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Y(2)
- Portal gun ID 1: Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, X(2)
- Portalgun ID 2: Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, A(2)
- Portalgun ID 3: Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, B(2)
- Upgrade Portalgun: X, B, LB, RB, Left, Right, LB, RB, LT, RT
- Half-Life 2 New Title Screen: Beat Half-Life 2 in order to get the new title screen.
- Portal Alternate Title Screen: Complete the entire game
Easter Eggs: TheHidden Left 4 Dead trailer
In order to get a trailer for the upcoming Left 4 Dead video game, you'll need to wait at the game select screen, where you choose between Half-life 2, Portal, and Team Fortress. After a few minutes, you'll be taken to a demo for the three orange box video games. At the end of the video, wait, and when the video comes up again it will be the Left 4 Dead video.
- Atomizer (10): Disintegrate 15 soldiers by throwing them into a Combine ball field.
- Attica! (5): Destroy the gunship in the hospital attic.
- Barnacle Bowling (5): Kill 5 barnacles with only 1 barrel.
- Basic Science (10): Earn bronze medals on all of the Portal challenges.
- Blast from the Past (10): In Eli's scrapyard, find the HEV Suit Charger faceplate
- Dynasty (10): Win at least 20 games.
- Flamethrower (5): Set 5 enemies on fire in at least 30 seconds.
- Flushed (5): Kill an enemy with a toilet.
- Follow Freeman (10): Get command of a squad of rebels during the uprising.
- Fratricide (5): Survive.
- Hardcore (15): Accumulate at least 1,000 total kills.
- Head of the Class (5): Play a complete game in every class.
- Heartbreaker (10): Complete the entire Portal game.
- Heavy Weapons (5): Get the airboat's mounted gun.
- Long Jump (5): Jump at least 300 feet.
- Malcontent (5): Escape the apartment block raid without serious harm.
- Master of Disguise (15): Trick an enemy medic into healing you
- OSHA Violation (5): Kill at least 3 enemies using the crane.
- Pacifist (10): Contain the Citadel core without killing any stalkers.
- Team Doctor (5): As a Medic, accumulate 25,000 heal pts.
- Terminal Velocity (5): Fall 30,000 feet.
- The One Free Bullet (40): Beat Episode 1 by firing only one bullet.
- With Friends Like these (10): Play in a game with at least 7 people from your friends list.
- World Traveler (5): Play at least one complete game on every map.
- Zero-Point Energy (5): Get the Gravity Gun in the Black Mesa East.
- Zombie Chopper (25): Play through Ravenholm with only a Gravity Gun
Half Life 2 The Orange Box Trailer
PlayStation 3 Cheats
(Half-Life 2) Codes: Enter the code while playing Half Life 2 at any point in the game.
- Restore Health by 25 points: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right O X
- Restore Ammo for Current Weapon: R1, Triangle, O, X, Square, R1,Triangle, Square, X, O, R1
- Unlock all Levels: Left, Left, Left, Left, L1, Right, Right, Right, Right, R1
(Portal) Codes: You can enter the codes at any point during the game.
- Create a Cube: Down, O, X, O, Triangle, Down, O, X, O, Triangle
- Fire Energy Ball: Up, Triangle (2), Square (2), X (2), O (2), Up
- Unlock all Levels: Left, Left, Left, Left, L1, Right, Right, Right, Right, R1
- Different Portal Main Menu: Beat the Portal once and a new main menu background is unlocked.
- Half-Life 2 - Alternate Main Menu: Beat the game in Half-Life 2 and a new menu screen background is unlocked.
- Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and 2: The main menu screen will change as you beat certain parts of Half-Life 2.
The Orange Box - PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison
Windows PC Codes
Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 & 2
- air_density # : Change the density of air.
- physcannon_cone # : Change the radius of the cone when picking up objects
- npc_create_aimed : Creates an NPC
- Hurtme # : Damage player by the variable you input as #
- sk_plr_dmg_357 ## : get a new damage value for the .357 Magnum
- sk_plr_dmg_crossbow ## : get a new damage value for the crossbow
- sk_plr_dmg_crowbar ## : get a new damage value for the crowbar
- sk_plr_dmg_pistol ## : get a new damage value for the pistol
- sk_max_pistol ## : get a new max ammo for the pistol
- sk_max_ar2 ## : get a new max ammo for the Pulse Rifle
- sk_max_ar2_altfire ## : get a new max ammo for the Pulse Rifle's energy orbs
- sk_max_rpg_round ## : get a new max ammo for the RPG
- sk_max_buckshot ## : get a new max ammo for the Shotgun
- impulse 76 : Create a human grunt.
- shake : Create an earthquake.
- mat_yuv 1 : Disable the Color Mode
- crosshair 0 : Disable Crosshair
- maps : Display map listing
- crosshair 1 : Enable the Crosshair
- firstperson : First Person View
- Developer 0 : Set the developer mode to off
- Developer 2 : Set the developer mode to verbose
- sv_maxvelocity # : Set Maximum Velocity of any moving objects
- cl_showfps 1 : Show FPS rate
- status : show some game info
- setang : Snap players eyes to a specified pitch yaw
- cl_enablehud 0 : Turn off your HUD
- cl_drawhud 1 : Turn on your HUD
- sv_unlockedchapters # : Unlocks Chapters 1 through number specified
Map codes- Enter with 'map' code in the console. Press ~ on the keyboard to activate the console and spawn in the location specified.
- d1_canal_09 : in the canals after the 8th load pt
- d1_canals_12 : in the canals after the 11th load pt
- d1_canals_06 : in the canals after the 5th load pt
- d1_canals_05 : in the canals after the 4th load pt
- d3_citadel_02 : in the Citadal after the 1st load pt
- d3_citadel_03 : in the Citadel after 2nd load pt
- d3_citadel_04 : in the Citadel after 3rd load pt
- d1_breen_01 : in the beginning of Chapter 13.
- d3_c17_07 : in the City 17 after the 6th load pt
- d3_c18_11 : in the City 17 after the 10th load pt
- d3_c17_04 : in the City 17 after the 3rd load pt
- d1_eli_02 : in the Eli's Lab
- d1_under_01 : in the lab
- d2_prison_01 : in the Nova Prospekt
- d2_prison_06 : in the Nova Prospekt after the 5th load pt
- d2_prison_02 : in the Nova Prospekt after the 1st load pt
- d2_coast_04 : in the coast area after the 3rd load pt
- d2_coast_08 : in the coast area near the end
- d1_under_02 : in the lab chapter after the 2nd load pt
- d1_under_03 : in the lab chapter after the 3rd load pt
- d1_trainstation_01 : in the train station
- d1_trainstation_02 : in the train station after the 1st load pt
- d3_citadel_01 : in the near beginning of the Citadel
- ep1_c17_02a : in the Chapter 4 City 17 after the 2nd load pt
- ep1_c17_02b : in the Chapter 4 City 17 after the 3rd load pt
- ep1_c17_00a : in the City 17 after the 1st load pt
- ep1_citadel_01 : in the Citadel after the 1st load pt
- ep1_citadel_02 : in the Citadel after the 2nd load pt
- ep1_citadel_03 : in the Citadel after the 3rd load pt
- ep1_background02 : while looking off at the damaged City 17
- ep1_background01 : while looking up at the citadel
- ep1_citadel_04 : in the near the end of the Citadel
- credits : Starts you at the credits
- ep1_citadel_00 : Starts you at the intro of the game
Spawning NPCs- Type "npc_create npc_<name>" and replace the name with a codes in order to spawn
- alyx : Alyx
- antlionguard : Antlion Guard
- antlion : Antlion
- eli : Eli
- turret_ceiling : Ceiling Turret
- citizen : City 17 Citizen
- ichthyosaur : Ichthyosaur
- manhack : Manhack
- mortarsynth : Mortar Synth
- pigeon : Pigeon
A look at Portal from the Orange Box (PC)
- Wikipedia- The Orange Box
A user built article about The Orange Box.
- Team Fortress 2 - Planet Fortress
This is currently the home of the largest Team Fortress 2.
- Orange Box Detail Page
The Xbox website's detail page for the 5 box collection.
- 1Up- Orange Box
Check out 1Up for more info about the Orange Box collection.
- The Orange Box
Check inside the official site for the Orange Box.
The Orange Box Review
- GameRankings- Orange Box PC
Orange Box review from GameRankings.
- CNN Tech Review
Read the review from CNN Tech.
- Game Freaks
Read the review of the Orange Box collection by GameFreaks
- Plain Games
Read a short review about each game in the collection pack.
Scoring a 9.5, read the full review from GameSpot.
More by this Author
Kane & Lynch is a cooperative action game that was created for XBox 360, PlayStation 3, and Windows PC. The game depicts two men as they go through a violent and chaotic journey. The game is a fast paced shooter...
Created for Nintendo Wii, One Piece: Unlimited Adventure is based on the anime series- One Piece- that released in Japen in 2007. The game released in the United States in January 2008. Following the anime series...
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.