Watch Dogs Walkthrough, Part Twenty-Nine: Hope is a Sad Thing
Once a fantastic hacker and employee of Blume, Raymond Kenney has since retreated into the lovely cottage country that is Pawnee. Hiding away from anyone who might know him, Kenney has blended nicely into the scenery... and that's a problem for Aiden. Everybody's favourite Fixer will have to track the dude down and employ his services the hard way.
Hope is a Sad Thing
Location: Cottage country, Pawnee
Prerequisite(s): Complete Way off the Grid, unlock the ctOS Control Center in Pawnee
- After you have access to Pawnee's ctOS grid, Hope is a Sad Thing will appear on the northern shore of Pawnee's bay. You'll find the waypoint behind a map of the area, on the side of the road.
- First step, check the marina mainframe. Cross the street and approach the marina office from outside. Hack the computer through the window. There's also a System Key in the office.
- Now you need to find the marina's manager. You'll find him under the gazebo that's on the walkway out front of the marina. Use the password to hack the marina's computer a second time.
- Now you have to find a ctOS Tower. Follow the back roads to the north. You'll come to an abandoned ctOS station. Look for a camera that'll get you a view inside the compound and you can unlock the front door via a security panel.
- Your current destination is belowground, down a set of stairs, but the door at the bottom is locked. Hack into the camera beyond the door and use it to access a security panel, which will redirect you to another camera. From here you can unlock a different door elsewhere. Go aboveground again.
- Getting around this area requires the use of the rotating satellite dishes on the compound. You can rotate the dishes via the large antenna in the middle of the area. Each has a platform that moves with it, allowing you to access places you couldn't before. This includes camera access. Hop into the camera system, move to the dish that's nearest the building beside the stairs, and rotate the dish. This will give you a clear shot of a security panel locking the rear of the building. Open it up, then steer Aiden onto the dish behind the building and rotate again so he can reach the fenced-in area.
- Climb up the building and onto the catwalk surrounding one of the dishes. Hack into the camera and use it to rotate the dish, creating a pathway from one dish to another. Rotate the dishes again on the other side.
- Aiden is now suspended in mid air with nowhere to go... save a lift beneath him. Hack the lift so it rises up beside the walking and hop on. There's a set of stairs at the bottom, leading to the door you opened a while ago.
- Through the door you'll find a branching hallway. To the right you'll find an audio log, a laptop, and some Electronic Parts. To the left... a locked door. Oh, and an explosive panel. Set it off, then duck into the doorway you came through initially to avoid the resulting fireworks. You're through. Beyond is a System Key and a door you can unlock that leads back outside.
- Run back to the original set of stairs in the middle of the compound. The door to the ctOS Tower is now open. A conversation ensues...
- ... and you'll track Kenney to Jed's Bar, a local watering hole. Head back to town, look 'round the outside of the bar for a Chemical Component, and step inside. A cut scene follows...
- ... and so does a drinking game! To complete this part of the mission you just need to sweep the targeting reticule towards the icons on the screen and hit the indicated button.
Do this enough times and you'll get Kenney's... sorry, T-Bone's... attention.
- Follow T-Bone around for a while in his hideout. Along the way you'll find Electronic Parts and an AC-AR. After doing so, T-Bone will give you a new objective: steal back his truck.
- Head back to Pawnee and check out the junk yard indicated on the map. It is guarded, as usual, and full of things to hack. Thanks to some fantastic camera angles and a lot of hiding spots, it is very easy to wipe out most of the guards using hacking trucks, especially if you detonate any explosive panels near cars or gas tanks. Just be careful where you hide - the fence surrounding the area is flimsy, and you can quickly lose your hiding spot if you detonate without caution. Watch out for snipers on the rooftops if you decide to sneak in. Your target is the most beautiful vehicle ever...
- ... and once you have it, you have to flee back to T-Bone with the thing in one piece. Goons will be on your tail, and the truck isn't exactly fast. Fortunately, there are many, many things you can hack on the road back to T-Bone's base which will allow you to lose the competition. If you can't manage to lose them before the return, you can use T-Bone's sculpture from earlier to wipe them out. Not too difficult overall.
- Jump out of the truck upon arrival and the mission will end successfully. You'll then receive a new one: A Pit of Paranoia.
More by this Author
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
Trevor's a busy dude, but he always has time to wreak havoc in suburbia. This Grand Theft Auto V walkthrough covers the locations of the signs he has to destroy in Vinewood.
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
No comments yet.