Water and Sand Toys
It's weekend time! That means it's a time to play with something messy. Like what my daughter always love to play, water and sand. She is a fan of that kind of toy. She always can find any equipment inside the house to fill in with sand and build something from it, although she has many sand play set, but she always find that any new container is perfect for the sand.
I know this kind of toy is messy and sometime I found my self got annoyed by it but i realize that children need this kind of toys. Like what my daughter did with her set, she could be anybody and make anything from the sand. So, I think it's great for her creativity.
Sand and Water Play Set
Benefits of Water and Sand play
Sand and water tables and toys offer children opportunities to use their senses to discover the natural world. With so many different types of sand and water toys available on the market today and they will bring the children many choices of shape. from scoops, moulds, shovels, sifters, pails, rakes, and so many creatures will develop a child imagination.
They could be anybody that do anything. Children can benefit from many different materials that can be placed in the box or sand table. It could stimulate the children sensory. The materials can be almost endless like I said before, my daughter will find anything to fill in and play with the sand. Just use a bit of imagination. Many types of items and materials can make for a great learning experience.
The children will have opportunity to explore the world around them. Sand and water will bring many benefits like :
1. To improve coordination skills through doing some activities like pouring, molding, lifting, carrying, sifting, sorting, and many more
2. It will stimulate your child's creativity. i love watching my daughter pretend to be a pastry chef and make some birthday cake from sand. Imagination will be used to make personal creations. Just let them or the child play alone and allow their creativity to flourish. They will ask us to help if they need it. the children can use the materials as they see fit and are able to enjoy the process.
3. The children will learn to develop any emotion, like tension releasing, failure proof, soothing, and confidence.
4. The children will learn about building self-confidence and positive self-esteem when they create, play, and accomplish what they had intended to do. They can choose their own what they plan to do and how to do it.
5. It will bring some social skill to the child. Sometime my daughter play with her friend in the neighborhood, and this will teach her to share and cooperate. they also learn effective ways to resolve conflicts among each other beside crying :)
6. And the knowledge of science benefits are many, from the experimentation lesson, construction, gravity, physics and many more.
7. They can learn math too from this activity, like the conceps of grouping, counting, measurement, weight, volume, and many more.
Sometime I think the messier the play the better haha.
Items to Collect
Many of you will especially parents will definitely have had these items but for new parents or if you just decided to search for the water-and-sand toys equipment, here is a list of items to collect :
Any type of small and colorful plastic container
Measuring cups and spoons
Plastic squeeze bottles
Any kind of kitchen utensils.
Amazon supplies many kind of this water-and-sand activity. Like the natural Playful sand and water activity center, it so cool and your kid could play it with their friends and the height of this table is so perfect for children. The sand area holds about 40 lbs.
This table is quite portable and because your child stand when play with it, they dont't get any sand up their legs of their shorts or in their underpants. So it will more comfortable for the kids. The table is also has umbrella that will protect the kids from the heat. This is great for birthday present or just a treat for your kid.
Safety and Protection
Any kind of toys and playing thing have to consider the safety. I put safety first for every toys. There are several things to think about when you are allowing the children to play with water-and-sand or any toys,
- If you have young children, make sure the items are not of choking size.
- if you are using a wet material make sure that if the floor gets wet it is cleaned up with a mop, towels, etc, so no one or yourself will slip.
- Make sure all materials are nothing poisonous.
- Be careful with allergies.
- Protect the children eyes, dust could be so irritated.
- Always have the children wash their hands after playing with the sand and any toys.
And let's build a castle...
- Choosing Toys For Children
Children love toys. It's obvious, the colorful and funny look of toys will attract their little eyes. Toys bring joy and fun to children. They can explore and learn the different shapes of toys. Choosing the...
- Cheap and Fun Family Weekend Tips
It's weekend time and the whole family is ready to have fun together. Could we still have fun time together in this economic downturn while everything is so expensive and the family has to save the money ?...
- Cooking with Children - Fun and Educative Activity
This is just an idea for your holiday activity or have fun with your kids. Let's cook together. Cooking with children can be fun and entertaining. You may have a wonderful time and teach them about healthy...
More by this Author
Living in a tropical country makes me more prefer wearing sandals. It's more comfortable, light, and cool. I used to wear stylish sandals for outdoor activities and rubber sandals when I'm home. Most tropical people...
Also known as Jeppangwang Kim Tak Goo. Genre : Romance, Family Episode : 30 Broadcast Network : KBS2, From June 2009 to October 2010 Director : Han Joon Seo Scriptwriter : Kang Eun Kyung Main Cast Yoon Shi Yoon as Kim...
What I love most of the red-eared sliders (RES) are their beautiful color and different stripes of each RES. Their scientific's name is Chrysemys scripta elegans (or formerly Trachemys scripta elegans). Its origin is...