Why Are The Sims So Addictive?
Are You Addicted to The Sims?
The Sims have been around for a few years now and it is still the top selling PC game all over the world. Why is it so popular? What is it about the sims that is so intriguing that it keeps millions of people in front of their computer screens for hours and hours at a time? Are you addicted to the Sims? How do you know if you are one of the millions that are?
You know you might be addicted if.......
- you find yourself thinking about the sims even when you are not playing the game.
- you have a dream and everyone in the dream is a sim.
- you are driving around and you see a house that you want to build in your Sims game
- you look at people around you where ever you are and wonder if you can make a sim out of them
- you are supposed to be in bed by 12:00 am and you find yourself still up at 3:00 in the morning
- you build your own house and everyone in your family is a Sim
- you are really tired and you imagine a red bar over your head
- you find you know all the lyrics to the songs that play in your game
- you find yourself talking simlish
What the critics are saying about the sims addiction
Some say that it is the experience of playing God that is a major selling point of the game. If you are one of the many people who play the sims you would have to agree that you may be the one to make and influence the lives of your sims, but you are really the one who is controlled. It's so easy to play the sims and forget the time. On more than one occasion I would find myself so in grossed with the Sims that I was up until 3:00 in the morning. There definitely is something to be said about living someone else's life and being the one that is in control of everything that happens. There is more to the Sims life though. Along with being able to play with their lives, you can also become an architect and an interior designer. You can become whatever your heart desires. You can be as rich as you want and if you want to own your own clothes store or restaurant? The Sims have it. It's like being able to live out your fantasies even though in real life it would never happen.
Is it wrong to be an addict?
I once heard someone call the Sims "A Doll House Soap Opera" if you have ever watched a soap on TV then you know the addiction they can have in someones life. I watch soaps on TV and play the Sims. Is it really so bad? what is wrong with taking some time during the day and doing something that requires no thinking at all. I love the Sims and I say have fun but don't forget you have a real life too.
What do you think?
I would love to hear from you, whether you are an addict or not. What do you think the attraction is? what kind of expansions are you looking forward too and Do you think there will be a Sims 4?
More by this Author
Please use cheats at your own discretion. All cheats here have come directly from trustworthy sources. A Lot of the cheats are case sensitive so make sure you type exactly as told. Spaces are also important, just...