A List of 10 Fun Things to Do on a Boring Day at Home
A List of Things To Do on a Boring Day
However, there really is no such thing as a boring day if you have hobbies or projects you like to do.
I often find, there are not enough hours in a day to do all I would like to do and have to choose my entertainment. I rarely watch television.
Being bored is sometimes a signal to action. However, sometimes it is a call for a nap as my cat would say...
My List of "Boredom Busters"
So what does one do for entertainment when one is stuck at home, bored with day-time television,,(I have never been a fan of soap operas)... (sorry)... That is my dilema.
Here are some of my suggestions for passing a rainy afternoon. Before you know it ,you will forget what time it is!
- Find a good book to read; (one of my recommendations "The Glass Castle"...gritty; you will be glad for your own comfy home and boredom!
- Turn off the television and enjoy some music; bust a few dance moves.
- Do some baking...bread especially; so satisfying...cookies fattening, but what the "H"!
- Research a new hobby.
- Have a spa day at home on a weekend. Right in the middle of the day!
- Find an interactive site to play , etc. Sudoko or do a puzzle
- Clean out a closet...yikes. (whatever rocks your boat)
- Get dressed up for no reason and go out to eat at your favorite restaurant.
- If you have a movie collection, watch an old favorite once again ( I have watched Dr, Zhivago like a million times!). My "more modern" favorites: "Nacho Libre" and soon to be favorite.. the "new version of the "Arthur" movie...I like 'em silly!
- If all else fails...get out the chips and bon-bons and sit in front of the tube and get into a soap opera...Oh well
What do i do that passes time? All the above besides writing and interacting with friends, playing with pets and either gardening and creating something...
Some Fun Things to do Online
More by this Author
- 5Bone Fractures and Healing with Bioabsorbable (Dissolving) Implants (Pins and Screws) - Finnish Technology
Healing bone fractures with bio-absorbing pins and screws; first pioneered and developed in Tampere, Finland by the teams working at Bioretec.
A good reson why every household should grow an aloe plant; not only for it's beauty, but more importantly as a first response antidote for burns of almost any kind.
Lifelong friendships can boost mental health, happiness and even physical health. What good friendship is and what to avoid in finding friendships that stand the test of time. Quotes on friendship.