Facebook Games: How to Get Friends to Play
Need More Neighbors?
Here's the deal, the more neighbors or friends you have playing any Facebook game, the better off you'll be in that game. Why? Many games, like Hotel City and Treasure Isle encourage players to recruit Facebook friends to join the games by offering bonuses when you visit friends in the games.
Nevertheless, not everyone is interested in playing games on Facebook or maybe they already play one and don't want to start another. How do you convince them to join your game? Did you already send them a game invitation? What if you don't have enough Facebook friends to even send invites to? Not to worry, I'm here to help!
Learn More about These Games by Checking Out:
- Hotel City: Check into Playfish's newest game, Hotel City and you won't be checking out anytime soon! Become a hotel tycoon by building and managing your very own hotel!
- Treasure Isle: The hunt for buried treasure begins Treasure Isle! Chill out on your own private island, explore new lands, and dig for cool ancient artifacts!
- Pet Society: Cute just got cuter in Pet Society, the game that lets you become the pet! With fishing, racing, gardening and decorating, you'll never get bored in Pet Society!
Get Friends To Play:
Like I said earlier, some people don't want to play online games and others are already playing too many. I've been both types.
Initially, I figured the games would be boring and poor quality, pretty much anything on AddictingGames.com. Obviously that's not the case for many Facebook games, but I needed to be convinced.
Coaxing your friends requires a bit of tact. Start by finding out why they're not playing the game and then give any reason you can to counter theirs.
Here's some helpful examples:
- Excuse: "Doesn't the quality sucks on all those games." Response: "Have you ever seen what the games even look like?" Show them the game Yoville, it's graphics are great!
- Excuse: "I'm already playing too many other games." Response: "I understand, but you may find that you like this game better than the others that you're playing."
- Excuse: "Most other games are boring, this one is probably no different." Response: "This game isn't boring at all, in fact you can..." List some of the game's features.
For any other excuse they offer you, just give this perfect generic response: "It's free, what do you have to lose?"
Add More Friends:
So now you've recruited your friends to play, but you still don't have enough neighbors. So I'm going to walk you through, step by step, a trick that I learned when I needed more neighbors on Petville.
*Keep in mind, this trick works for any Facebook Game.
- Go to the Fan Page of the game that you're playing. For instance, this is Hotel City's Fan Page.
- Notice that at the bottom of each wall post, it shows the amount of people who like the post and the number of comments left.
- Click on "View all Comments." This pulls up a list of the comments that other players have left to Hotel City wall posts.
- Click on various people to be sent to their profile pages. Here you will be able to add them as a friend. This is the only way to add them in the game also.
- Once they've approved your request, send them a game invite to add them to your game's friend list. Some games automatically add them.
An alternative is to leave a comment on one of these wall posts, something like "Add me, I need more neighbors." Then someone will potentially add you as a friend for the same purpose, to have more friends playing the game. If you don't get any friend requests the first time, just try again.
Hopefully these tips will help you get more of your friends playing the Facebook games you love! Have fun and God Bless!
More by this Author
Ever wonder the secrets to having a nice, rounded, poppin’ bubble butt? Well wonder no longer because it’s no secret, other than to get off that butt and exercise!
Welcome to the unofficial Gaming Guide for CityVille, a fantastic new addition to the "Ville" franchise of Zynga Games. I absolutely adore these games, not only are they well designed and satisfyingly...
With any piercing, it’s good to do your research and know just what you’re getting yourself into. Learn what to expect, septum piercing pain, and how to care for your new piercing.