jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Anyone actually own this game?

1. DonkeyKongKiller profile image82
    DonkeyKongKillerposted 4 years ago

Superman 64. Everyone seems to agree that it's one of, if not THE worst game ever made. However I question how many actually owned it and have not just played it on an emulator. I was one of the unlucky few that actually owned the game. I was a kid when I owned it for the N64 and I was incredibly frustrated by it and would keep trying to beat the first couple of challenge levels in hopes that I could actually do something Superman related. Even then I knew how badly it controlled.

1. harliquinn profile image82
      harliquinnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't own this. But to be honest I kind of want to just so I can understand the depth of how bad it is haha

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image89
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Bet you've just seen the Angry Video Game Nerd's review for this, huh? It's REALLY bad, having played it myself not long ago. It's control is bad but the N64 was never really good at flight sim except for Pilotwings 64. Heck, even Super Mario 64 had negative reviews because of the damn winged cap moments. The pad seemed to be built for it, but the joystick's sensitivity (or lack thereof) seemed to destroy the experience.

It's not the worst game in the world, but it's up there in the top 50 ^^

1. DonkeyKongKiller profile image82
      DonkeyKongKillerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I swear I actually owned the game. I used cheat codes to access later levels eventually. You actually use your powers in combat in later levels, but I didn't play much of it, and I never returned to it.

working