jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Camera recommendations. Taking difficult pictures.

1. aykianink profile image60
    aykianinkposted 4 years ago

If I wanted to take sunset pictures, what camera would you recommend?  I have a very plain camera and have been debating getting a new one.  I know a DSLR can do the job, but I was wondering if there were any cheaper alternatives.  (Not sure how much a DSLR costs these days.)

aykianinkposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh wait.  I mean taking pictures of people while the sun is setting in the background.  Not taking pictures of the sky or anything.

1. cclitgirl profile image96
        cclitgirlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

DSLRs are pretty reasonable - they are anywhere from $300 and up.  I have a Sony a57 and I love it.  I feel like it took my photography to unprecedented levels.  smile

aykianinkposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh wow.  $300 is the low end?  I thought $800 was the low end.  So I take it my friends have been buying the supra version?

My Sony...I can't remember exactly...was around $600, I think...

2. Stacie L profile image86
          Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I considered that one but bought a Nikon d2300 with two extra lenses. After using a 8mp sony cybershot for so long, this makes it look like a toy!
          I'm still learning all the button,but $300-800 isn't unreasonable for great images!

2. aykianink profile image60
    aykianinkposted 4 years ago

Oh...wow.  Okay, Cyndi, I was hoping for all the camera hobby people to jump out onto this.  But if you're the only one...thank you:-)

I was kind of thinking more people would answer this one, too, lol.  Stacie - that's a great camera.  I had considered that one and the Canon Rebel that everyone seems to have, but alas, I *had* to be different.  wink

working