jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

The Joy of Collectibles ...

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image88
    Jacqueline4390posted 20 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12409731.jpg
    I have been a collector since my pre-teen years. It started out with all kinds of books: The Bobbsey Twins and Black Beauty were among my favorites. Then I later started collecting Crochet Pieces, Stuff Animals, Cat Pins, T Shirts and Video Games. Now my latest pursuit is making and embroidering scarves/handkerchiefs. My dad loved collecting cars!

What's your favorite collectible(s) and how do you display them?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 20 months ago

I collect CDs - mostly hard rock/metal from the 70s/80s/early 90s. I've been buying, selling and trading CDs since the early 90s. My collection is creeping up on 900 as I write this.

I'm also a retired comic book collector. I was a comic fanboy from age 10 (circa 1980) till the early 1990s. At its peak my comic collection was somewhere around 4000-5000 books. I started losing interest in the hobby around 1994 and sold off my collection in bits and pieces over the next couple of years. I boiled everything down to one box of personal favorites that I still pull out of the closet and re-read from time to time.

Jacqueline4390posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Way-to-go! I was a DC Comic fan myself! The Justice League of America!

3. Popit profile image82
    Popitposted 20 months ago

I collect old furniture, can't pass a garage sale or charity shop without swooping on some new item.  Some I recycle into something more useful and some things I restore because they are beautiful.  Our home is not modernist, has no clean lines and would be a lot of peoples worst nightmare. big_smile

I also have albums, cds etc from the 70's on wards.  Love heavy metal etc.

Jacqueline4390posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Sounds like you have lots of fun. My Living Room is correctly name!

working