jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Evony - do the pictures match the game?

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

I've played Evony - and as far as I can tell it is a simple town / empire building game that has nothing to do with the pictures in the ads that seem to be cropping up all over the web!

Has anyone progressed far enough to a point where these pictures become relevant?

I got bored after a few levels and went back to playing Civilization IV which does a far better job of this type of game!

1. cfin profile image78
      cfinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

SimeyC, I was the leader of the 2nd biggest alliance on my server. It got boring after a month when I starting pumping too much time into it. Me and my brother were playing together, so it added to the addiction. The whole cartoon sexy pictures also annoyed me and made me feel like a dork for playing it so if anything once I started seeing them, I stopped playing.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

If you're playing just to find those scantly clad females then you'll be playing a long time.  There are none.  Using sex appeal to draw in subscribers usually means the game has no substance at all. 

It's a free mmorpg to a point.  You still have a shop where real money is exchanged for specialty items including the ability to chat with other players.  That alone takes the fun out of an mmorpg.

3. Blogging Erika profile image81
    Blogging Erikaposted 6 years ago

Pretty funny, right?  The ads must be successful, or they wouldn't keep running them.  But I've read reviews and seen screenshots, and wondered what people must be thinking! Talk about a bait and switch!

If you haven't played past the first week, my understanding is that's when your protection ends.  Basically you wake up on day 8 and find that everyone with a paid account has wiped you out overnight.

1. cfin profile image78
      cfinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not really true though. The ads ruined the experience for me and made me feel like a dork for playing.

I also find the 8 day rule to be untrue. I created an alliance during the beginning of the game when it was new enough and through nice recruitment tactics I ended up maintaining it and becoming a huge alliance. Then I invited many new people and protected them until they grew to a respectable size. I think that was the point of the game but the over aggressive idiots ruined it. Why they were attacking small targets is beyond me. It's like catching a minnow and not throwing it back.

4. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

Yea, another chance to use this pic!
    I play online scrabble. No sexy pics, but lots of bingos.