jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Dragon Quest

1. Winterfate profile image97
    Winterfateposted 7 years ago

Hi guys!
    Well, seeing the Roleplaying forum this empty is a bit depressing, to be honest. So, I decided to create this topic to liven it up a bit. wink

Dragon Quest is one of my favorite RPG series of all time. The average game difficulty is above-average, which is good if you like a challenge. It has just the right dose of comedy to soften up the otherwise serious nature of the game (hero fighting against great evil).

I've played 3, 4 and 8, and am planning to get 5 at some point soon.

Any other Dragon Quest fans here? smile

1. danmad1 profile image73
      danmad1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I like the Dragon Quest games, my favourite was Dragon Quest Monsters Joker for ds

2. Winterfate profile image97

Oh, I wasn't talking about the Monster spinoffs. tongue

While we're on the subject though, I've played Dragon Warrior (back when Dragon Quest was Dragon Warrior due to copyright issues) Monsters 2 and DQM Joker as well.

I didn't like Joker too much to be honest. If you have a Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance you should trying find a copy of that older game and playing it. In my opinion, it's even better than Joker, since the amount of worlds you can go to to find monsters is essentially infinite (after you beat the game you can keep exploring worlds, as long as you keep finding Magic Keys for them). smile

1. danmad1 profile image73
      danmad1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I might try that.
      I also like Chapters of the Chosen. what number is that again?

1. Winterfate profile image97
        Winterfateposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That one is 4. I wrote a hub on it and "how-to" articles for Psaro and Aamon. smile

I enjoyed that game a lot, just too short though. sad

3. dan91123 profile image61
    dan91123posted 7 years ago

I was a huge Dragon Quest 8 fan when it came out, loved the art style and the length of the game. One of the longest games I have ever played.

4. Winterfate profile image97

Yeah, that game is huge. smile

One of my gripes with it though is the fact that you don't get to do more in the Dark World. I would've loved to see the rest of the parallel world. smile

working