jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

Best Console ever made for playing 2 player games?

1. irishsoul28 profile image60
    irishsoul28posted 6 years ago

Myself and my partner own a xbox 360 and we love playing games on there together when we get the time but ive found there isnt alot of 2 player games ( that we enjoy that isnt all about shooting something i.e war games, although we did love left 4 dead ) We enjoy RPG, Stratagy, action type games
    What in your opinion is the best console ever to play good 2 player games on?

2. double_frick profile image80
    double_frickposted 6 years ago

i poo on xbox 360s. okay, i don't. its really late. i'm a bit delusional.
    but one thing i know for sure is that PS3 pwns xbox 360 and i'm so sick of hearing otherwise! mostly because then i have to hear and endless rant from my boyfriend about things i don't care too much about...like which console is better.

but i will say that having our computer and ps3 networked together is super convenient.
    and there is this rocket powered soccer game on Playstation network. OMG is fantastic. smile

3. irishsoul28 profile image60
    irishsoul28posted 6 years ago

Yeah but you can hack the PS3 tongue  If you yourself play on the xbox360, you'll know what i mean.

So far Dreamcast has my vote on 2 player games, it was far above its time with really cool graphics to boot and some really fun games. The PS isnt a bad console though.

4. ForKicks profile image58
    ForKicksposted 6 years ago

There isn't much 2 player RPG games on the Xbox 360, some are Two Worlds, Oblivion, Mass Effect and Blue Dragon. There are a few more but those are just off the top of my head.

But in my opinion, the best console for 2 players (At the least) Has to be the Nintendo Wii. The Wii has a wide variety of multiplayer games, some of them are already installed into the system. 2 other great games for the Wii, that could be 2-4 players, is Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Super Smash Brothers Melee. Those are 2 of the few I actually still enjoy playing on a Nintendo system. Also, before the next gen consoles came out, back in those ps2, xbox and gamecube days, the gamecube was the only system without online play, therefore it Nintendo didn't provide multiplayer games, they probably wouldn't still be around today.

Just as a side note.

5. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

I gotta go with the Wii...

I love a good battle on any of the guitar hero or rock band games  smile

6. ryansjones profile image60
    ryansjonesposted 6 years ago

actually there are some good 2 player games for the Xbox 360, such as Rockband(supports up to 4 players), Borderlands (you can do co-op in that game), Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, as well as Marvel Ultimate Alliance

1. irishsoul28 profile image60
      irishsoul28posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ive played Borderlands and got bored, played COD and got bored with that too....Marvel Ultimate Alliance isnt too bad but i did and still do love Left 4 dead, fab game! looking forward to the next one coming out in october this year.

Just cant seem to get into any good 2 player games on the 360, maybe its just me sad

7. MatzWhat profile image60
    MatzWhatposted 6 years ago

Although im a big fan of the PS3, im going to have the say you cant beat the wii for 2 or more player games. Its so simple and fun and aslong as you have someone to play it with and some good games you will never get bored!

8. dyonder profile image79
    dyonderposted 6 years ago

T'was Dreamcast for king of multiplayer, but now (with gems like Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 2, CastleCrashers) I gotta go with the 360.

9. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

The Wii......ping.....ding.......kapow...love it.

10. xboxps3wow profile image60
    xboxps3wowposted 6 years ago

PS3.......... Its the best console in my opinion but there aren't many co-op games that are not shooting. Well, little big planet was really fun and its for up to seven people.
    Wii has some good games for 2 people, but the graphics suck...

11. M. T. Dremer profile image91
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

For the current generation of consoles I can't say much. I only own a Wii and it has only a handful of Co-op games. But for the last generation I would say that the PS2 probably has the most. I've been able to find co-op games for it that I didn't even know existed. I'm in the process of writing a hub about co-op games and a lot of them come from the PS2.