jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Sony PSP for My Boy at Last...Now Comes the Hard Part, Which Games?

1. glendoncaba profile image82
    glendoncabaposted 6 years ago

I just purchased a PSP for my eleven year old son.  What PSP games should I get for him?  Not the Dungeons and Dragons type games.  So far he is enjoying Need for Speed Most Wanted. 

I know I'm going to get into trouble again for doing forum posts on topics that I write hubs on but whats a forum for.

Especially when the trolls have all hijacked the religious threads anyway.

1. TerryGl profile image61
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is nothing wrong with a little self promotion so I cannot see why you might get into trouble.

Besides I actually wrote a hub on Playstation PSP Membership clubs, so I hope I don't get into trouble.

I think the Need For Speed series is the best anyway.

2. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

You could say more about his tastes. Saying that he doesn't like dungeon types (which there aren't many....), but like racing, doesn't really help much.

Does he like platforming? turn based rpg's? strategy rpg's? real time rpg's? fighting? etc......

Anyway, here are some recommended games:

Lumines I or II
    Xmen legends 2
    Jeanne D'arc
    Mega man powered up
    Ratchet & Clank size matters
    Burnout legends
    Wipeout pure
    Sega Genesis Collection

I tried to stay clear of M-rated games since he's only 11, but check beforehand as I'm not always sure.

1. 0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When I had a PSP I had X-Men Legends II

I loved it.

It was AMAZING XD

3. dyonder profile image79
    dyonderposted 6 years ago

Pinball Hall of Fame
    Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
    Crash 3 (ps1 title on sony store)

4. xboxps3wow profile image60
    xboxps3wowposted 6 years ago

My favorite game is GTA, but he might be a little too young for it. I would just go with racing games and maybe some shooter...if he likes shooting games. Some games I like are Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, and Gran Turismo. Little Big Planet is a great game as well (had it on my PS3)

5. 0
    TheVerbalAxiomposted 6 years ago

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2
    Burnout Legends
    Dragon Ball Z Shin Budaki
    Shawn White Snowboarding

I have all of those, and like them all, especiall Burnout and Naruto.

1. Slice Of Life profile image61
      Slice Of Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My son loves Lego Star Wars and Indiana Jones on the PSP

6. 0
    mtsi1098posted 6 years ago

try arcade games...comes with pacman...galaxa...space invaders

1. ryansjones profile image61
      ryansjonesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He might like the Sims 2 for PSP.  It is a roleplayng game where your sim gets stranded in Strangetown and he/she has to do quests in his mission to leave the city.

7. Laura Thykeson profile image81
    Laura Thykesonposted 6 years ago

Being an XBox family, lol, I don't know the names of the PSP games, but I would also chooses a couple of the "game" or "Learning" type of games like if they have a Momoply, Trivial Pursuit, etc. That is something you might even want to play with him and cut down on the "head stuck in the game" isolation you are getting ready to start seeing, lol! (I raised two boys in the Nintendo and Mario Brothers age. Legen of Zelda rocked!!!..."