jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

my nephew collects

1. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i help my nephew with his coin collection. i often times buy him coins for his birthday. he loves all of them. he even has me hold his coins at my place. the last time he took them home someone stole some of them. i try to help him because as he looks at them he says: it's like holding a piece of history in my hand. can you imagine where this coin has been?
    the cost of coins right now is going up and my budget is going down. do any of you have any advice on how i can help him build his collection without breaking the bank?

2. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

Not sure what kind of coins he like to collect, but my kids enjoyed coins from other countries. If you know anybody that travels, or has traveled out of the country in the past, they probably have a few spare coins.

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

You can get him into roll coin searching - buy rolls of coins, let him search for the treasures, than re-roll and return.

rinse and repeat...he ill quickly learn what treasures can still be found in circulating currency

4. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Collect CURRENT coins that are worth their face value.  Or work on a penny collection. After all it's just metal!