jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Gamers - what are your thoughts on Playstation Move motion controller?

1. bat115 profile image77
    bat115posted 6 years ago
    1. playstationmove profile image60
      playstationmoveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great move for playstation in my opinion, opens up a lot of opportunities for gaming companies, even FFXIV are having thoughts on it.
      Also gives you that classic shooting arcade feeling, like what they did on Time crisis and Resident Evil 5.
      So yeah, it's great especially when you have a PS3

2. The Taco Tagger profile image60
      The Taco Taggerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that the Playstation Move is going to be just as gimmicky as the Wii controller. Playstation had so many problems with six axis, I don't think that the move will fix any of that. However I do think that the Microsoft Kinect will really get people going but only if you're into moving around with your games. I don't think that any hardcore gamer is going to want to get off the couch to play games unless they are playing a music/rhythm game.

2. The10DollarMark profile image59
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

I'm unimpressed. It's just a wii with (alleged) better tracking and (alleged) more lag.

I do think that a lot of people with ps3's, that used to ignore the wii, may pick it up. After all, since the ps3 is a "core" console, the Move will probably get more "core" games. So it's possible that there will finally be a game to interest thsoe who shunned the wii.

I think it will be more for single player motion gaming. After all, it costs 100$ to buy a move plus the camera (so additional move controllers would probably be 50-80$). Most people will probably buy 1 or 2 controllers, not more.

It might do ok, but personally I'm still unimpressed.

1. AmandaBreanne profile image74
      AmandaBreanneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you only have a PS3, i think it will be nice to pick up...

I think Project Natal has a longer life span, even if it doesnt do as well initially.

3. Alucard_1990 profile image80
    Alucard_1990posted 6 years ago

I just cannot believe that another aspect of Wii gaming is being copied. I mean, they started out with the six-axis controller scheme, and now this?? It's bad enough that the xbox took the whole avatar-mii concept from nintendo. And you know what's REALLY funny? The Wii still outsells them both, so at this point in the console cycle, nothing is going to change as far as popularity or sales goes. In the next console generation it will be more appropriate to try out new things like this Sony, seriously.

4. 62
    hubsroxx3posted 6 years ago

i think its awesome i love electronics!

5. bat115 profile image77
    bat115posted 6 years ago

Thanks all for the replies.

I already own a PS3 and will be buying a wii soon but that's beside the point...

AH, forgot to add in my original post... does the wii controller have the vibration feature that the Move promises?

6. The10DollarMark profile image59
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

I don't think the wii controller has vibration, but is that really a selling point?

It comes down to one thing: How the launch games stack up. If you're interested in the launch (and future games), then get the Move. If you're more interested in exclusive Wii games (especially the first party Nintendo games), then get a Wii.

If you're loaded and both consoles bring a lot of exclusive content you want, get both big_smile.

1. premierkj profile image78
      premierkjposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hate the Wii. I only find it slightly amusing when I am intoxicated. Real gamers don't have a Wii. Why would someone play tennis or golf on the Wii...making all the normal motions...'working out'... instead of just going for a game at your local club. It's madness! Computer games are for when we want to be lazy for god's sake. What's wrong with people?

1. 0
        Jared in Vegasposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree.  The wii is the most boring console I've ever played.  I feel like control is actually limited with the motion sensors and Natal is going to be even worse.  The games are too simplified on the wii.  I would much rather use the Xbox or PS3 controller over swinging a stick.

7. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

Borderline disastrous.  No one is impressed with it and it, the remote design is hilariously derivative of the wii, and it is far too late for that market.  The Kinect will do a better job of grabbing the market because it offers something tangibly different form the Wii.

8. vaguesan profile image82
    vaguesanposted 6 years ago

It's hilarious because playstation and xbox long ago said that the wii is just for kids and casual gamers. But it turns out that this type of gamer is a huge market.

It's way to late for xbox and ps3 to be trying to get on that piece of the gaming market this generation. Instead of making a bunch of knock off wii like motion control systems that cost almost as much as a wii, they should instead focus on a whole list of improvements to their current generation of systems and be thinking about next gen.

9. jamesphilipson profile image60
    jamesphilipsonposted 6 years ago

While its a bit of a shameless rip off of Wii-style technology, it will add depth to the PS3 brand. What I hope for are more "proper" games that use this motion sensing technology; I don't like the kiddie style games on the Wii.

If anyone remembers Legend Of Legaia on PS1, you were able to create your own attack combos by pressing buttons in various orders- with PS3 Move I'd love to see the ability to create attacks in RPG games by making the motion yourself, rather than having to use some boring as selection of things like "Dragon Slayer Hyper Blade Infinity" etc.

10. xboxps3wow profile image60
    xboxps3wowposted 6 years ago

im a huge ps3 fan, but i think this motion controller is not for ps3 type of people. I like to just sit down and relax, play a game where you don't have to do sh1t. Just chill