jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Who Wants to dress up?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

Seriously, how many of you hubbers out there ever dressed up in costumes when you were kiddies..or even still do now for whatever reasons?  wink  lol  i know i certainly haven't, but what do you folks say?  have you guys ever dressed up as kids?  Or still do?  if you still do, then please share with us why then?  big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...well...hmmmm....should I tell.....

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
        Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh please. do tell.  big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...let's just see how everyone else dresses up first......wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.....

2. Jeff Berndt profile image91
        Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

I loved Halloween as a kid, and I still do.
        Plus, I am (or used to be) involved in community theater--there's dressing up involved in that.
        On some weekends, I dress as a British soldier and pretend to oppress American rebels. (It seems less weird if there's a couple hundred of you doing it at the same time, and you call it a reenactment.)

And a couple days ago, I volunteered to read to a 1st grade class at my kid's school...in costume and in character as Vem Wessel, Jedi Knight.
        The kids were in awe.
        It felt kinda like what being a rock star must feel like, except with smaller people. And without the roadies. Or the drugs.

3. Lady Rose profile image73
        Lady Roseposted 6 years ago

Well, i dress like a clown sometimes, specially when i have to do balloons for the children.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image91
          Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago in reply to this

in that case, LR, the clown suit counts as "work clothes."

4. brettb profile image69
        brettbposted 6 years ago

Move to Japan - then you can dress up every day...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Cute-Japanese-Fashion

5. dredhead117 profile image60
        dredhead117posted 6 years ago

I've dressed up on a couple occasions, cosplaying at a convention can be fun, especially if your costume is easily recognizeable and done well. The amount of people that stop you and ask for photo ops can make you feel a bit like a celebrity, haha.

6. Electric Feel profile image17
        Electric Feelposted 6 years ago

Who doesn't like to dress up? I mean, it's a chance to show your personality, creativity, and cut loose and have fun. People get too caught up in trying to be normal.

working