What console game are you playing right now?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (33 posts)
  1. epearson profile image60
    epearsonposted 13 years ago

If its a game for the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, or PSP I would like to know.  Also, why are you playing it right now?

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii and I'm playing it because I bought it for my son, but I like the game better and so I am trying to complete the game because it's great. it brings another level to the Mario games just like Mario 64 did years ago!

epearsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i picked this one up for my son as well.  I found myself playing a lot more than him.  I hate to admit it but I didn't finish this one.  I think the only Mario game I beat was 3.  But this game was fun.  Thanks for the reminder.

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fallout 3 lately, but I still have bioshock 2 to beat and Mass Effect 2 to beat again...

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah I like Bioshock 2....it's like when Resident Evil first came out I was on that one for ages!!!

Too many reference here for BioShock 2.  I may have to pick up a copy.

2. epearson profile image60

I never picked up BioShock.  I have a couple of friends that suggested it, but never got around to it.  I played through Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 a few times.  Did you get Fallout New Vegas?

3. MrAungst profile image60
      MrAungstposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Red Dead Redemption is claiming my life at the moment, when I'm not working. The girlfriend is feeling a bit jealous, but eh. She ignored me for a few days when the last Harry Potter book came out, so I figured all's fair in love and war.

Sounds like you both have addictions.smile  But its cool as long as no one over does it with hobbies.  RDR was a good game.  I completed the main story, which was a first for me and a RockStar game.  I didn't get any of the DLC.  I think CoD MW2 and Black Ops had my attention at that time.

4. profile image58
      cons11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

red dead took a couple of days from me,certainly has a good storyline,after that back to completing mass effect 2 on insanity for the final achievement

Wow, it took me weeks.  I kept getting side tracked with gang hideouts.

5. The Odd Spartan profile image76
      The Odd Spartanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Halo Reach. It's the greatest shooter on Xbox and possibly the best online fps ever. With horde mode (firefight), campaign, and forge being other game modes, it's impossible to become bored.

2. warchild75 profile image63
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

Red dead redemption has certainly punched a hole in my social life!!! i brought it because of a friends recommendation and havent put it down since!!.Grand theft auto on horseback,im just hoping they do a follow up featuring pirates and plundering!!

"Grand theft auto on horseback," yes it is.  I think it would have taken more of my time if the multiplayer worked for me.  I sat there and lagged out while everyone else played.  It was still fun though.

3. Timmy(B) profile image60
    Timmy(B)posted 13 years ago

little big planet it is just one of those games you have to go back too.

I never played that.  I am tempted to pick it up now.  Still thinking...

4. ns1209 profile image62
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

Fifa 10 and Beatles Rock Band for Xbox 360 because they are both fun!  Among other games...

I played both.  Solid choices there!

5. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I'm heavily into "Make the Bed and then Cut The Grass Before My Wife Kicks The Crap Out of Me"

It's a very realistic game.

Ha!  You can have that game.  Just don't tell my wife about that one, she would have me play all the time.wink

6. Richard Craig profile image60
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

I'm replaying Race Driver Grid on PS3 since there still isn't a sequel and Gran Turismo 5 is taking forever to be released.  Not long now though...

Gran Turismo 5, hmm... wait I remember that one.  LOL!  Yes, I have given up on racing games after that debacle.  I waited patiently and it still hasn't come.  I wonder what will take longer, Duke Nukem Forever or GT5.

7. xboxps3wow profile image41
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

PS3 of course! It's obviously the best console out there!

That's okay.  As far as graphics, hand downs I agree with you!

8. xboxps3wow profile image41
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

I failed to read the question correctly, im playing Mafia 2 right now! its a really good game

I remember hearing about this.  I will have to research this one.  Thanks!

9. passthejelly profile image72
    passthejellyposted 13 years ago

I'm playing Call of Duty Mw2 on PS3. Game on!

10. warchild75 profile image63
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

Am now playing fifa 11 and soon to be playing fifa 11 ultimate team!!!!smile love that game.

I love playing football (non-American) games.  My wife stares at the screen blankly and doesn't understand why I cheer and grimace.  It must be like watching an alien or something. LOL!

11. epearson profile image60
    epearsonposted 12 years ago

Thank you all for your replies.  For some reason I didn't know any of this was here until today.  I apologize for the delay but I will be responding to your replies.

1. marstoblog profile image60
      marstoblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm into Red Dead Redemption aswell which is an excellent game, but also L.A. Noire i'm addicted to right now as I love the story telling. As my review on this suggests: http://marstoblog.hubpages.com/hub/LA-N … on-shooter

12. profile image0
    Ghostwolfeposted 12 years ago

Right now I am rocking out to Call of Duty: Zombies, awaiting the new map pack August 23rd, 2011 and soon to be playing some Red Dead: Undead Nightmare. Yeah I am a zombie game fan.

13. Johnrr631992 profile image85
    Johnrr631992posted 12 years ago

Right now ... Call of Duty Black ops more specifically Zombies on Mooon. As of tomorrow i will be playing Madden 2012, along with Call of Duty, and When Modern warfare 3 comes out, Well that will take the cake.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)