jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (31 posts)

Card games.....what do you like to play?

1. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

What card games do you like to play?  Also add why its your favorite(s) and when you play etc...

I'll start I just played some cribbage. It was the first time for many years and it was most enjoyable.  We sat outside at a cafe, drank coffee, ate ice-cream and played cribbage.  It was lovely.

1. Diane Inside profile image88
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi travel, I like to play texas hold' em best, because it gets a few of us together, and we have fun just chatting and reconnecting every once and a while.  And it's about the only card came I'm any good at. lol

travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Isn't it a great way to share some good times with people? 

I guess that many people are like you and play just one game over and over again too.

2. Tinsky profile image95
      Tinskyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"Sevens"  and since no one else I know has ever played it I'd like to say its a game my Dad created when I was a wee kid.  Maybe I will write a hub about how to play it?  It's quite a fun game.  A part from "sevens"  I sometimes like to play Cricket - one person can play it like Patience.   PLUS Pontoon or 21 is fun, so is Rickety Kate - it has another name but I can't think of it right now.

1. 59
        Galbraith13posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sevens sounds like a great game. If you would like you can add your rules to my card game site? http://www.card-games-online.com/submit

That goes for anyone else that would like to share their game.

2. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 6 years ago

I love to play Rooke! It's fun! I love it because two couples can play... or four friends! It's most fun at night when all the little ones are in bed asleep with no distractions!

3. niner profile image60
    ninerposted 6 years ago

I love playing Euchre. smile Everyone in my family plays it, and it's a great game to just hang out and play with people.  Cribbage and gin are fun, too!

Welcome to HubPages Niner!  Soon your date joined will be in months and years rather than hours!  I hope you enjoy your time here.

I haven't played Euchre for a very long time!

4. KeithTax profile image80
    KeithTaxposted 6 years ago

Sheepshead every Friday night at my place. Family and neighbors are plentiful.

Sounds like a really great way to spend fun times with your family and friends KT.

5. Froggy213 profile image36
    Froggy213posted 6 years ago

pinochle is the game and of course Texas hold em--this is a great site for that:

Love your avatar froggy.

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

My favorite card game is Cribbage. I do however enjoy a game or two of Gin once in a while.

Most of the time I play on Pogo, when I do play. smile

Hello Cags!

Cribbage makes you think doesn't it?  I had to think when I played last night because I had trouble remembering how to play it and count up.  lol I did OK though.

I don't know Pogo.  Is that a card game?

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Travel,

Pogo is not a game. It's a Gaming website. Pogo.com has free membership and paid memberships. It's yearly dues is something like $35 or $36. Only USA citizens can win the jackpots.

Oh OK Cags - It's not my kind of thing!  smile

7. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Just remembered the many happy hours playing "Go Fish" with my children.

8. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I play low stakes poker weekly.  We play mostly "wild card" games - not silly things like "deuces wild", but far more complicated things that require using your head far more than even "normal" poker.

9. sabrinaaq profile image48
    sabrinaaqposted 5 years ago

Rummy, Jail Break, Go Fish, Solitare, and Black Jack! big_smile

10. 0
    prayersposted 5 years ago

Rummy, Solitare, Spite and Malice, Spades.

11. jstankevicz profile image81
    jstankeviczposted 5 years ago

Wednesday night is poker night. We play a tournament once a month, and the other weeks we play dealer's choice.

At home, we often play Hand and Foot, or if it is just the two of us we might play Spite and Malice, which is a 2-handed patience game.

12. DaniellaWood profile image80
    DaniellaWoodposted 5 years ago

Rummy! I always used to play it with my nanna and grandad so it brings back lovely memories for me smile

13. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

solitaire lol, will somebody teach me poker

14. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

I play 29 and enjoy it.

15. imatellmuva profile image84
    imatellmuvaposted 5 years ago

We make up our own rules, and strategies to make games even more fun and exciting.

Two favorites are Uno and Scattergories.

If the face card in Uno is 9 you play all cards that add up to 9,(6+3=9). Or if the face card is 6 and let's say you have a 9 & a 3, you play both cards because 9-3=6.

Every word that you must come up with for a category in Scattergories, is replaced by some ridiculous made-up word, or combination of actual words that wouldn't really make sense for the category, but boy-oh-boy is it fun! We laugh and laugh to tears. tongue lol big_smile

16. xboxps3wow profile image60
    xboxps3wowposted 5 years ago

I play solitaire on my ipod, best card game ever

17. LennyP profile image89
    LennyPposted 5 years ago

My favorite card game to play is Magic: The Gathering. Finding the best deck for a given meta and playing it as optimally as possible feeds my desire for creativity and competitiveness at the same time. Of more traditional non-CCG's I play NL Poker.

18. Jane Bovary profile image88
    Jane Bovaryposted 5 years ago

500. It's a great card game. Like all card games there's the high chance element but there's also plenty of room for skill. I like the partnership aspect too.

19. 60
    Yeshwanth sinhaposted 17 months ago

I like to play online poker at pokabunga and it is one of my favourite card game.

20. janesix profile image74
    janesixposted 17 months ago

Spades, rummy, skipbo, uno.

21. 61
    wamikaJposted 15 months ago

I love card games. I play Rummy at SilkRummy  is one of the best site to play Online card games like Rummy,Pool Rummy.