Cataclysm impressions anyone???

1. truebluewriter profile image77
    truebluewriterposted 5 years ago

soo... what do you guys all think of cata? Looks like I'm gonna waste away in front of my PC again lol and the cycle continues...

1. Zakmoonbeam profile image90
      Zakmoonbeamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wow, 7 weeks and no reply, guess everyone is busy playing Cata smile

Anyhoo, got it, played it, loved it, stopped it.

The problem for me was that whilst the new content was good, for a casual player like me to only take a week to get from 80-85 was appauling in my eyes.  There was just not enough new stuff for me, which is a shame given how long it took to produce, and how much they really did change.

Next expansion I will wait a week and see how many complain about the short length of time to get through the content before I purchase it...

2. Temperance M profile image80
      Temperance Mposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The questing is entirely too linear - if you want to quest with a friend if they aren't on the exact same quest, you can't. 

Like Zakmoonbeam pointed out, there just isn't a ton of new content.  I raid with a small progression raid guild, and while we aren't in all purples yet, heroics are already irrelevant and too easy despite how blizzard tried to make them harder going in (and they are, but once you gear them, they are just a zerg fest once again).

Truthfully, the only slightly interesting new content are the raids, but if it takes them another year to put out the new teir, how many folks will be done by then?  i don't see myself playing much longer.  The game has lost its challenge.