jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Motion Sickness?

1. warchild75 profile image49
    warchild75posted 5 years ago

Anyone suffer with Motion sickness while playing games,it has happened to me a couple of times,normally first person shooters,although im fine with COD,even the bloody sims 3 game makes me feel a little queezy after a while.I think fallout 3 did it until i realised you could play in 3rd person mode,for me it is a slow frame rate and first person mode that makes me feel ill generally,wondered if anyone else suffered with it?

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

How weird that you ask this. My daughter mentioned it a few hours back. She was playing a game on her Wii and had to come off due to motion sickness. I remarked that I've never been able to play such games, read while moving, stare for too long out of a side window or face backwards when travelling - as I throw up almost every time.

So yes - others suffer from it smile Or rather ... hmm

3. evvy_09 profile image86
    evvy_09posted 5 years ago

Funny, that you mention this.  Try playing level 25 black ops zombies, while you are drunk.  Fun but bad idea.  Got killed by the last group of zombies rushing my window.  I was trying to pick them off seperately so I would have one left.  It helps so everyone can trade off guns that may need it.  Well, I got dizzy and they all came through and.....well let's not go into that more.

1. warchild75 profile image49
      warchild75posted 5 years ago in reply to this

God still trying to work my way through the campaign,sounds horrendous,will keep an eye out for that.

1. evvy_09 profile image86
        evvy_09posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Playing the zombies mode is really fun.  I saved my husband's butt earlier.  He got downed and I led all the zombies off and came back to revive him.  I should have had a video  tongue

4. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

It may also have something to do with the flicker rate of your computer screen. (Some machines have wildly different rates - as well as TV screens overseas and here) You don't notice it in normal usage, becasue your brain compensates quite well. I find certain activities and certain game states make make the flicker rate more noticeable, and nausea or headache can quickly set in.

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I often get motion sickness in front of the puter screen.

6. Zakmoonbeam profile image91
    Zakmoonbeamposted 5 years ago

Getting it badly from Test Drive Unlimited 2 and Dead Space 2, can really only play for 20 mins at a time, I must be getting old...  I do find turning off motion blur and post processed effects helps me though.