jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

HELP-two red lights NOT the ring of death?!?!?!

1. 60
    krumbleposted 5 years ago

i have two red lights on the right hand side of my xbox they are not flashing and stay on even when the console is turned off. i have tried looking online and cant seem to find anything. my console still works except when i go online i can only sign in and not play any games theres obviously a problem. i dont have any warrenty and cant really afford to shell out a fortune to get it fixed.i would much apreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this. cheers.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try this site - it mentions the two red lights that seem to signify the box is overheating. http://www.kinect4xbox.info/xbox-help-a … -2472.html

2. lovemaria profile image60
      lovemariaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1st Q Have U had a drink? Coz thats cool!... 2nd Q have U swiched on & offf?? Coz thats wat'd I'd do.. Nxt thing turn off ur online broadband or watever it tis..giv it a mo.. ... I wud say that there is a risk som1 has copied your id to play games, and that wud;nt be 2 bad, but u mite hav 2 start from scratch.. if your in the competing games. I don't play AT ALL!!! But I hav a 15 yr old and we r xtra carefull on line playing.... good luck hope u sort it
      Love maria <3

3. 60
      spencercattposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you look on ebay their are parts available to help recover from most red rings as well as failure of the disc drive! If the system Is not under warranty anymore i suggest tackling it yourself! If you have half a brain it's not so hard when you follow one of the many videos available on youtube detailing this.

4. jamjar919 profile image78
      jamjar919posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Two red lights on the Xbox means that your console has overheated. Three red lights means that your console overheated and something broke.

2. xboxps3wow profile image60
    xboxps3wowposted 5 years ago

its pretty much the same thing as the 3 light, it means its overheating

3. 0
    mtsi1098posted 5 years ago

there is a cooling unit that you can attach to the back of the xbox 360 to help with this...it is about 20USD

4. svig77 profile image61
    svig77posted 5 years ago

This will work.http://jamesdean3redlightfix.com/?hop=wermany

5. 62
    Gamingreviewsposted 5 years ago

either your hard drive isnt in proper or your component cable isnt in the xbox proper