jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Which computer game is suitable for kids?

1. breathing profile image80
    breathingposted 5 years ago

My nephew like to play video game on computer. But I have heard that some computer game has bad effect on them.

1. G Miah profile image84
      G Miahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Obviously you have to be careful with the age restrictions, so depending on his age, find out what he would like and go for them.

I found that the games on the Nintendo Wii console are very good for kids as they are educational as well as interactive. You will find games for kids on all consoles for all age groups aswell.

2. gamesinlove profile image61
      gamesinloveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What kind of games does he like? I know a whole bunch. I mainly only know adventure games though, but I could pull up some other stuffs.

1. Nexusx2 profile image60
        Nexusx2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Anything that isn't mature. most of the games have a age rating on them. Try finding games that are rated E.

2. Lauren97210 profile image60
    Lauren97210posted 4 years ago

It really depends on how old he is. When I was around 4 years old till I was about 7 (?) I believe all I was allowed to play were JumpStart games, and I know that might sound lame, but I really enjoyed them.. AND I learned from them. But I gotta admit, I would sneak in some Super Mario here and now.

3. Modern Greetings profile image60
    Modern Greetingsposted 4 years ago

Age comes into play when deciding what games are appropriate, yes. But that's not all that should come into question. Practically, video games aren't the only thing that can influence someone and therefore shouldn't be the only thing taken into consideration.

If a child is allowed to watch scary movies, there's no point in not letting him play scary video games. Both will effect him equally.

If they're allowed to watch graphic television shows with their parents, again, there's no reason to limit their video game choices.

I would be sure to calculate everything that is sensitizing the child before considering what games he should and should not be allowed to play. I myself was desensitized as a child early on, matured very quickly and was able to handle some of the more risque games without becoming traumatized or affected by violence/graphic language.