Do you Scuba Dive?

1. Shanna11 profile image90
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

I managed to get into a beginners scuba diving class for spring semester at my universtiy. You get certified for open water dives at the end of the term, so I'm super excited. My dad and older brother are both certified and got to dive in Hawaii and Florida- and we're from MI, so there's tons of lakes to go scuba diving in when I go home.

Do you scuba dive? Any cool scuba experiences/stories? How often do you get to go?

1. 0
      oldandwiseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did when younger. Nothing better then experiencing nature as so few will ever see first hand. Lived in Florida so had daily opportunities to dive. Best story was one day diving for lobsters, I reached into a hole for a lobster, to come face to face with a morey eel. I moved back, only to have the eel grab my shirt. Scared the llllllll out of me.

2. R9139 profile image81
      R9139posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Only during the right season. We go out and dive for Spider crabs. It is most likely a different experience diving where I live to the likes of Hawaii and Florida as even on good days visibility can be down to only a few feet