jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Dead gammer Sits in Game Cafe 9 Hours

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Corpse sits in gamer cafe for 9 hours
    By Matthew Hawkins

In what is beginning to be a disturbingly common phenomenon, a young man in Asia has died, apparently due to prolonged gaming.

According to Sky News and the AFP, the latest incident took place in New Taipei, Taiwan. Chen Rong-yu, 23, checked into a cafe on Tuesday night, where he would spend the rest of his life.
    The death and resulting corpse went completely unnoticed among the 30 or so other customers, and for up to nine hours, a testament of how engrossing the games played at such places can be, among other things.
    http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ … or-9-hours
    no one noticed the flies around him? apparently long playing gamers are dying from lack of exercise..not exactly an enforcement for video games roll

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image58
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

wow....i think it is just people not paying attention to people - whatever they are doing....unfortunately

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Its a sad social commentary...Gamers are so wrapped up in these video games that they spend hours or even days playing..and don't notice a dead guy next to them? roll

3. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

i found this so very sad- tha no one looked or cared what had happenned because they were so addicted to their games

4. sake010 profile image60
    sake010posted 4 years ago

i kinda but i do still like video games though

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image92
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

It's not the fact that people don't notice, it's the fact that the gamer in question has let him/herself become this. The gamer died of Deep Vein Thrombosis, without a doubt, which is when the blood clots inside the body and no oxygen reaches the brain. It's a slow and silent death, and you won't know it's happening until it's too late.

But to think the person was left without anyone noticing disgusts me. And the rise of Deep Vein Thromobsis is increasing, mostly due to film and video games' numbers and popularity increasing.

6. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

Call me callous and insensitive, but I think this story is hysterical... and maybe just a little bit creepy.

7. 0
    klarawieckposted 4 years ago

If I keep spending this much time in hubpages, I'll end up like that guy! I hope HP puts a small accolade on my gravestone!

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Link is dead too?