jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think MMORPG'S are worth paying for? Whats ur favorite MMORPG?

1. TaintedButterfly profile image60
    TaintedButterflyposted 4 years ago

I think it all comes down to the play and graphics of a game.We all know that some MMORPG's have so many players that the lagging of the game can sometime be a little frustrating. i recently started playing City of Heros and i like it but the lagg is horrible. they just started to allow players to enjoy the game for free til lvl 25. Ive played FF11 and enjoyed it now as for FF14 i was a bit disappointed because the creatures and classes where the same as FF11 just with diffrent names. i think some games should be free but a product we pay for should be up to par in graphics and play.

1. jamesmuia profile image83
      jamesmuiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To be honest, the 15.00 a month never really bothered me. It's not really that much money when you think about how much you spend buying sodas or snacks at a convenient store.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I'd rather pay up front for a game with no extra costs (like WoW) than play a free game that has lots of "extras" that costs heaps (like Maplestory).

3. Jason Marovich profile image87
    Jason Marovichposted 4 years ago

Dungeons and Dragons is free to play.  To reach the higher levels in the game, players have to pony up with in-game points, cash, or monthly VIP charges to access new adventure packs.

I support DDO with purchases because it's my MMORPG of choice.

League of Legends, not an MMORPG but an MMO, is free, too.  I have spent money for extras with them, too, because the game is awesome.

So, though these games are both free to play, they are so well-designed that people, like me, are willing to spend money on them.

4. TaintedButterfly profile image60
    TaintedButterflyposted 4 years ago

i totally agree about paying upfront and having the freeness of just playing with out limits thats why i enjoy city of heroes its superfun my only complaint is that it lags so bad from time to time

5. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

Depends on the game, but for the most part, I agree that in a good game, paying eliminates the real world monetization of the in-game experience.

A really good MMORPG is like crack. You don't expect to get your crack for free do you?

6. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Worth every penny. Actually, it was worth the price of itself and the price of Skyrim thrown in. Skyrim is a great game until you recognize the levelling formula, the balance (or lack of) between characters' strengths and weaknesses, the mapping sequence and, oh yeah, the gameplay itself kind of sucks @ss just a little. But it does have some killer graphics just in case you're twelve and that alone will satisfy you. Improved graphics, whoopteefriggin' dew!