jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Have you bought your ticket yet?

1. profile image64
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

$500 million dollar prize for the one who picks the correct numbers in the Mega Millions drawing on Friday nite.
    Only $359 million if you take the cash!
    Who amongst us has purchased tickets and how many have you purchased?
    I have purchased 2.
    When I win, I'll still keep my job!  HA HA HA HA HA!

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ticket has been purchased. And I will stop looking for a job. $359m with about $180 after taxes? (They suck for that). After I give away the required amount and pay off all bills, can't wait to buy that island. Maybe I'll name it The Island of Retired Hubbers.

2. jaybird22 profile image73
      jaybird22posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I only purchased one ticket.  I figured, with the odds of me winning, there is a better chance of getting struck by lightening.  According to Aaron Abrams, a mathmatician from Emory University in Atlanta, the odds of winning is one in 175 million.  He goes on to say, you are 100 x's more likely to die from a flesh-eating bacteria. So one ticket is good for me. I'm not going to waste my money on any more.  I figure, if I'm lucky, the one ticket purchased will be a winner.

Speaking of which, did any of you hear about the guy that DID get struck by lightening after buying 3 mega-million jackpot lottery tickets? The guy was from Witchita and is named Bill Isles.  He lived to tell about it. Crazy!

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Hell someone needs to humor you in the forums then! big_smile

Our little lottery is only 25mil... but looks like I'll nail that one with the black cat's personal numbers.... so yeah.. the only downside I can see is in the split deal I had to make with the cat...
    But hey, I don't mind shipping some cat food over to you, if you can find a Cash Buyer for a couple of New Brands.. 'Tasty BBQ Mouse' and 'Big Girls Like The Big Bits.'  I also don't mind 40c on the 'Chickens Like Licken' brand, for a quicky sale! big_smile

3. MichaelGallinger profile image59
    MichaelGallingerposted 5 years ago

$500Mil... how much tickets did you get?

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't even think about it if you haven't got a Paypal account! sad  big_smile

4. profile image64
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

Now up to $540 million with a $390 million cash payout.  Had to buy another ticket.
    They even were getting giddy on some national shows this morning.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lottery fever is on high alert...everyone wants a piece of the pie. I'll be happy with some...

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just walked to the corner store and bought another ticket. If I win, my dream of retiring to an island and carving coconut heads to sell to tourists will have come true. On second thought, maybe I'll hire some people to carve and paint, and I'll sit around picking up cute beach bums. Then I can be like the suntan lotion guy, Panama Jack. A name with no responsibility.

1. profile image64
          logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My bums are pretty cute even though I'm not at a beach! smile
          I'm putting in my application for coconut carving in any case!

working