jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

How much do you spend on Video Games a year?

1. passthejelly profile image82
    passthejellyposted 4 years ago

I spend quite a bit and I was wondering if I was above or below average xD

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well let me get my calculator out... let me see "0 + 0 = 0"... too much "free" gaming out there for me to spend my hard earned cash on games.

2. mts1098 profile image83
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This really depends on the game and the series.  For example - when the Shaun White Snowboard game came out I bought it and played until completion. The next couple of years a second SW game surfaced and I played that one through completion.  Since then I have not purchased a video game...

2. TheMagician profile image90
    TheMagicianposted 4 years ago

Hmm... just tossing a figure out there, I'd probably say a good $600- $1500 a year on gaming.

3. Xbox 720 profile image61
    Xbox 720posted 4 years ago

One could easily spend $1000 a year gaming it up..!  I wrote this hub on the cost of just playing Call of Duty for a new gamer -
    http://xbox720.hubpages.com/hub/How-Muc … ll-of-Duty
    There's $550 right there..!

4. BraidedZero profile image86
    BraidedZeroposted 4 years ago

I play lots of MMO games online that require monthly memberships, and I buy myself a new game every few weeks (new to me, not necessarily $60 new) - I'm in the military so I have lots of downtime at the base. I would say that I spend around $1,200 a year. But a lot of that is returned to me when I sell the game after playing it for a month.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image92
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Really depends what format. I don't waste my hard-earned cash on the games of today, so I instead play the "classics" of the Playstation 1 and 2. It's hard to determine how much I spend a year. New games cost around £60 which is ridiculous and with them being shot out of development so fast, it's hard to save up. Many MMOs are free but you're not really getting that much. Paying for quality is where it's at.... sometimes.

So I can't really give an estimate as a full-time gamer. Though it would be well over £300.

6. ndemarco profile image60
    ndemarcoposted 4 years ago

I'm quite unique in that rarely will I spend 50-60 bucks on a new PS3 game, unless it is something that keeps me occupied for hours, but I will always slap down some bills for classic games at a flea market, yard sale, or video game store. I guess that's because I know these games will make me happy, there's no fear of the unknown because most of these classics I pick up are games that entertained me as a youngster and I know they will continue to keep me busy for years to come.

7. warchild75 profile image48
    warchild75posted 4 years ago

Usually around £200 but this year nothing as I have been playing MW3 for months!!

8. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I don't. lol

9. Wesley Meacham profile image92
    Wesley Meachamposted 4 years ago

Currently nothing.

I like video games. I used to play them a lot when I was younger. As I got older price became more important to me. I went through a phase where I bought all my games second hand at stores like Gamestop. It didn't really matter if a game was new as long as I enjoyed it and hadn't played it before. This took me out of the loop basically. Where before I always new what the lastest game was it now no longer mattered.

More recently I no longer really have time for it. If I'm not at work then I'm probably writing or spending time with friends. My schedule these days is fairly busy so I don't really play video games anymore.

10. movielardatadare profile image55
    movielardatadareposted 4 years ago

I make my own video games now so I no longer really buy games that are out there.  And of course, when the 360 got the red ring of death, that really pretty much sealed the deal for me.  I may get the next gen Playstation that comes out, but I'm not so certain.  Making my own games is so fun that I really don't have the desire for the consoles anymore.  Plus, computers will always be better than Playstation or XBox.

11. JBrumett profile image61
    JBrumettposted 4 years ago

Hmm, I pay monthly subs for online MMO's just due to the fact the quality of gamer is better.  I played f2p mmo's and not only is the quality worse, but the gamers are usually trolls that can't play if their lives depended on it.  Far as single player games go I generally wait about 6 months after a game was released just to save money on purchasing it.  All-in-all I'd say roughly 400 USD on MMO's and 250 USD on single player a year.