jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (34 posts)

the absolute worst!

1. josh3418 profile image68
    josh3418posted 4 years ago

What is the worst video game you have ever played? Why?

1. Bedbugabscond profile image88
      Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mad Max on regular NES was the worst game ever. It started off really hard and the first check point was to far in to reach!

josh3418posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, I have never played that game; my choice would probably be Driv3, it was like impossible because you would die way too fast.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

PONG!  It was also the best for a while.  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

Haha, great answer! smile

2. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They do say you always remember your first big_smile

3. Ironman1992 profile image59
      Ironman1992posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've actually written a hub about it. Arabian Nights on the PC. This is by far the worst game I've ever played.

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image89
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Probably the first Legend of Zelda game, Super Mario Galaxy or Re-Loaded. I suppose I enjoyed LoZ to some extent, but I don't see how it gets so much praise. Yes, it's fun but it's not exactly the best thing since sliced bread today.

So looking at the three, it has to be either Super Mario Galaxy or Re-loaded. Terrible controls, poor story and only one had a decent soundtrack.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time from N64!!!!  You did not enjoy that game?  I loved, loved, loved that game, I guess that is why everyone is different though, different opinions, smile

Zelda Ocarina of time was so cool. John might be talking about he one for NES. I like the first Zelda for the NES; however there were some things about it that could be annoying.

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image89
          JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was referring to the one on NES, not the Ocarina of Time. Apparently it was the greatest game ever made at the time, because it recieved generally positive reviews.

The things that I liked about the first game was mostly its instruction manual which was packed full of info, unlike today's. But because I don't have it, I'm left clueless not knowing controls or where to start. So that's one thing - the lack of control.

Oh ok now I understand what yoy are referring to, I never owned it, but my best friend had it when I was growing up.

John and I have just proven our ages! Haha!

Hehe, I was born a year after the game was released... smile   
                So you can do the math, lol

3. cryptid profile image92
    cryptidposted 4 years ago

The worst game I ever played was Ghosts n Goblins for the old NES.  You're a knight running along and trying to defeat all these weird things coming at you and get to your princess.  If you get hit once you become a knight without armor, now running about in your underwear. Very weird.  It was actually pretty hard, and the worst part was when you got to the final boss and defeated him you had to start all over again.

Ugh, tell me about it. It makes E.T on Atari look dignified.

4. shin_rocka04 profile image57
    shin_rocka04posted 4 years ago

I would have to say....King's Field for the PSX.

5. MrsBlunder profile image60
    MrsBlunderposted 4 years ago

I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of Deadly Premonitions...

I am sure glad I asked this question, because there are several games I have never heard of, very interesting@

1. Len Cannon profile image88
        Len Cannonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Counterpoint: I love Deadly Premonitions. A lot.

6. Dallas Matier profile image90
    Dallas Matierposted 4 years ago

Someone is bound to mention Superman 64 eventually. And, it looks like that someone is me. So, uh... Superman 64.

Ahhh, what a great mention! Totally forgot about that one, lol.   I hated that game.  In fact stay in tune Dallas, you may get the best answer award! smile
      That games was pathetic!

Definitely, one of the most uncontrollable games ever. Saw the Angry Video Game Nerd's review and I just had to play it. Then there's those on NES and Commodore 64, which were arguably as bad in terms of gameplay.

7. mskills profile image90
    mskillsposted 4 years ago

There is a shocking lack of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing being mentioned. 

Collision detection hijinks at its finest, a disingenuous "feature" list that would make the National Enquirer blush, a competitor who is literally asleep at the wheel, a laughable failure to include physics of any kind, and You're Winner!

Damn, I wanna play that now just to rip it in a review! What console is it for, sounds like a PS2 title.

1. mskills profile image90
        mskillsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Windows PC.  Used to be you could find it in a bargain bin at any place that peddled in computer software, but I believe it has been out of circulation for awhile.

If you dare, YouTube has an extremely entertaining review of Big Rigs.  Language is NSFW, but you'll learn everything you never knew you wanted to know about this awesome game.

I have never played, but it seems awesome!  Haha, just kidding, do no think I would waste my time and efforts.

Another racing fiasco that comes to mind is Club Drive for the Atari Jaguar.  Come to think of it, you'd easily find some of the worst games of all time in the Jag's library if you ever so decide to waste some time exploring it.

Haha, I will think about it! smile

A lot of the time, Atari Jaguars were broken. And if you look at the console from the right angle, the Atari with the Jaguar expansion does look like a toilet. But yes, that had some of the worst titles too. One of which I remember, what was it called? The one with the green face that kept saying "where did you learn to fly?" over and over.

Cybermorph?  I vaguely remember enjoying it back at release, but I'm sure I would hate it dearly today. 

Definitely, the CDROM player turned the semi-menacing Jaguar into a lavatory.  Good call.

8. DannOfSunday profile image61
    DannOfSundayposted 4 years ago

Off the top of my head, Batman Forever for the Genesis.

I usually give many "bad" games a chance, but that one just wasn't enjoyable in the least.

1. movielardatadare profile image57
      movielardatadareposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wha?  Really, Batman Forever?  That game was very innovative and extremely awesome.  The graphics were astounding, especially for the Genesis at that point in time.  And the codes that the Riddler would drop on ya, makes me wanna pull out my copy of Batman Forever and play it right now!

9. movielardatadare profile image57
    movielardatadareposted 4 years ago

Crackdown on Sega Genesis.  If you've never heard of it or never played it, then good for you.  Crackdown was by the far the most pathetic game I've ever played on any system (and I've played hundreds).  Don't even bother googling it--waste of your time.

working