iXL Fisher Price Learning System
Learning Toys for Kids
So many parents just want their kids out of their hair, so they turn on the TV, plug in the Xbox, or put in a DVD. Well, what about educational games, videos, and television shows? It's very important that children get this enrichment when they're younger to help enhance the odds that as they age, they will continue to want to learn.
The best way to make learning fun, is to buy educational toys. You can't always get children to sit down and watch an educational movie or TV show, but if they think they're just playing a game, they won't even know that they're learning.
Fisher Price has developed a really cool toy that will help entice children to want to play the game and learn while they're playing. There are so many cool things that you can do with this toy, that it never gets boring.
The iXL, is a great handheld educational toy for kids aged 3 to 6.
iXL Learning System for Kids
The Fisher Price iXL learning system has six different functions, which include:
- Digital Reader
- Game Player
- Note Pad
- Art Studio
- MP3 Player
- Photo Viewer
The learning system comes pre-loaded with software for the different applications. It is easy to transport and take with you, as it opens and folds like a book.
The iXL Fisher Price educational game has built in speakers, a tethered stylus, a headphone jack (for when you don't want to hear the toy the entire way to the beach or to grandma's), an SD memory card slot, and built in memory.
The games and pre-loaded software will help children learn reading for meaning, comprehension, spelling, key words, and so much more!
- The Game Player is prel-oaded with 1 classic arcade-style game, which has 3 levels and teaches numbers, sequencing and counting.
- The Music Player is pre-loaded with 1 leaning song and is compatible with MP3 and WMA file formats.
- The Art Studio includes stampers, backgrounds, bucket fills, colors, pen styles, erase button and it has background music so kids can listen to their favorite songs while they create their masterpieces.
- The Note Book enables kids to trace uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers 1-20.
- The Photo Album is pre-loaded with 3 sample images. Kids can transfer additional photos from their computer and they can even draw on their photo images to customize them.
The iXL learning system allows children to customize a log-in name for personalized play and entertainment. The educational toy is compatible with both PC and MAC computers.
The learning game comes with a CD and media management software that allows you to add your own pictures and songs from your computer. All you have to do is plug in the iXL system to your computer with the included USB cable.
Another really cool aspect, is that parents can monitor what their children are learning using the software included.
Needs four 'AA' batteries that aren't included.
When turning on the iXL for the first time, make sure to calibrate the touch screen to the stylus.
- Insert the tip of the stylus into the calibration hole on the back of the iXL
- Follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
- Touch each mark with the stylus
- Press any button when you're finished to exit the calibration screen, and you're done.
iXL from Fisher Price
Buy iXL Learning Software
Buy the iXL 6-in-1 Fisher Price Learning System
The Fisher Price iXL learning system makes for a great Christmas gift for children, as well as a birthday gift, or any type of gift for kids. It's a great educational toy that kids will love. They don't even realize that they're actually learning in many cases.
This is a great toy that resembles other handheld gaming systems that older brother or system may be playing with, so your younger children will have something they can play with, too.
The pre-loaded software won't keep your children busy for long, so you want to make sure that you purchase some of the extra iXL software. You can find them in favorite characters to include Shrek, Scooby Doo, Handy Manny, Spongebob Squarepants, Toy Story, and Disney Princesses.
Educational Toys for Kids
More by this Author
Spare time and money? Take on a hobby. Hobbies aren't just to keep you out of trouble and to fill your spare time; they can make for a future investment, too. By spending your time collecting rare coins and investing...
If you are having problems with your XBox 360, you can attempt to fix it yourself by taking it apart and trying to clean it out, and if you are not 100% sure how to do that, you can following the following guide for...
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.