Kingdoms of Amalur Defeat Malwyn
Kingdoms of Amalur Defeat Malwyn
In Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the hero travels to Rathir and then Mel Senshir to rendezvous with General Tilera and begin the siege of Mel Senshir. The siege of Mel Senshir is started by talking to Commander Owaiglyn. General Tilera will take one path to the witch knight Malwyn, and the hero will take the other path to the witch knight Malwyn. This will provide the hero with various tactics to defeat the witch knight Malwyn.
Kingdoms of Amalur Defeat Witch Knight Malwyn
Kingdoms of Amalur Tactics to Defeat Malwyn
In Kingdoms of Amalur, the hero's path to the witch knight Malwyn is pretty straightforward, and involves defeating lots of Tuatha. The going only becomes hard with the main fight with the witch knight Malwyn. The hero, having a combination of sorcery and finesse abilities, will use mainly storm bolt and shadow flare, followed by dagger and stave special moves. To defeat Malwyn, one must understand the tactics employed by the witch knight Malwyn, and the dynamics of this particular battle. Malwyn moves very fast, and will attack the hero and interrupt the hero's attacks. And then Malwyn will disappear from the battlefield. At this stage, Malwyn's pet monster the mighty Balor will attempt to annihilate the hero with the bright yellow beam attack from its only eye. It is very difficult to avoid this highly damaging beam of light, so the way to get past this is not for this part of the battle to happen at all. Following this, Malwyn will reappear to attack the hero. In addition, two Tuatha archers will support Malwyn in this fight.
In Kingdoms of Amalur, based on the above, one should have the following tactics in one's repertoire when facing Malwyn -
- build up the fate meter to full by defeating all the "easy" foes on route to the fight with Malywn
- equip the hero with lots of healing potions (a combination of minor and greater healing potions) and mana potions
- equip the hero with the most damaging weapons (staves and daggers in this case); the hero may have to do some side quests to collect these damaging weapons
- it will help to level up the hero to the stage where he can cast Summon Faer Gorta - a Faer Gorta minion will be summoned to help the hero in this fight
- when Malwyn is sighted and starts attacking, stun Malwyn with storm bolt if possible, and then go into reckoning mode; do not attack the archers and just concentrate on Malwyn
- when in reckoning mode, hit Malwyn with all that the hero has got; the key is to reduce Malwyn's health points to 0, and defeat him in one shot before he can disappear
- if Malwyn disappears, then there will be trouble as the hero will have to learn the techniques for dodging the Balor's yellow beam
If Malywn is defeated in one massive series of attacks by the hero, then carry on to defeat the archers and watch the cutscene involving the Balor and General Tilera.
Kingdoms of Amalur Tactics to Block the Eye Beam and Defeat Malwyn
More by this Author
Dishonored the Brigmore Witches Walkthrough. Defeat Corvo. Speak to Thomas to start the first quest. Purchase the overseer favor. Enter Coldridge Prison and break Lizzy Stride out of the prison.
Skyrim Unearthed Kolbjorn Barrow quest. Solve the puzzles in Kolbjorn Barrow to get Ahizdal's treasures. Defeat Ahizdal and the draugrs to get Ahizdal's mask.
Bloodborne Level Up Guide