Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Final Day Main Quest Walkthrough
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Final Main Quest
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Final Day Main Quest Walkthrough
In Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII, it comes down to the final main quest and the final day quest to allow the world to be destroyed and result in game over, or defy the almighty Bhunivelze and win the game. The final main quest is something that could be worked out by exploration or by looking at the cut scene associated with Lumina towards the end of days. The cut scene shows Sazh within Lightning's friends and foes. Yet Sazh is nowhere in the first four chapter.
This will guide Lightning with how to complete the coffer of souls quest. Find all five fragments of souls -
- Soul Fragment of Mischief
- Soul Fragment of Smiles
- Soul Fragment of Kindness
- Soul Fragment of Courage
- Soul Fragment of Radiance
and then restore the soul of Sazh's son.
After this, countdown to the final day and complete the final day quest.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Get the Soul Fragment of Mischief
Sazh will show Lightning his son who has been in deep soulless sleep for an eternity. Lightning needs to find the soul fragments of his son and put these in the coffer of souls to awaken his son.
Start with the soul fragment of Mischief. Follow the small blue chocobo outside and find the first soul fragment of Mischief.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Find Beloved's Gift
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Get the Soul Fragment of Smiles
Next, head back to the Wildlands station and speak to Chocolina. She will give her quest to Lightning. Read the canvas of prayers and accept her quest Key to Her Heart. Now go near the end of the road at the wildlands and find the object of Chocolina's affection - Beloved's Gift. Return to Chocolina and get the soul fragment of Smiles.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Get the Soul Fragment of Kindness
- It could be getting to the end of days by the time Lightning starts with chapter five of the main quest. Therefore time management is important.
Head to the dead dunes and somewhere near the oasis lighthouse. Use the red cactus to teleport to the (area location) and then go in the direction of the oasis lighthouse. There will be another sandstorm there. Use a pilgrim's crux and plug it into the stone. The sandstorm will disappear, revealing the Cactair.
- Catch and swap at the cactair with your sword. Then its time to defeat the cactair.
- Use abilities and start chipping at the cactair's health points. Although it seems that the cactair is only losing health points very slowly (one HP at a time), the cactair will be defeated. Just keep getting at it. Prevent the cactair from healing by using the ability curse.
Lightning can get the curse ability by defeating skeletons in the temple ruins and the shrines in the dead dunes.
Once the cactair is defeated, lightning will get the soul fragment of Kindness.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Get the Soul Fragment of Courage
Go to the Slaughterhouse at the City of Yusnaan from midnight and defeat the Zaltys Brimstone monster. Get the soul fragment of Courage.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII get the Soul Fragment of Radiance
Go to the Moogle Village hidden inside the Jagd Forest at 1900. Speak to the moogles and the chieftain Mog and then defeat the dryads. Go back to Mog and get the moogie fragment.
- Pick up at least one soul seed in an area of chaos influx and then sell this soul seed and give the moogle fragment to the soul traders at one of the cities and get the soul fragment of Radiance.
Return to Sazh and watch as he tries to revive his son. It's almost time for the final day main quest.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII the Saint's Stone quest
If Lightning hasn't already done this side quest, she needs to do it to meet Vanille the saint of the order. In this way, Lightning will get the key into the cathedral.
- Go meet Aremiah between 10pm and 6am outside the gates of the cathedral.
- Accept the quest.
- Go to the warehouse district and find the employee in the corner to talk to.
- Smash the boxes and get the saint's stone.
- Go back to Aremiah and get the key to the cathedral.
- Use the side door in the cathedral and enter within to speak to Vanille at the chapel area.
- Learn the nature of chaos within the cathedral.
Now finish off all relevant side quests. Its time to take on a god.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Final Day Quest
Lightning may be keen to fast forward to the end of days to take on Bhunivelze. Lightning will return to Luxerion after some last words to Hope, including those famous words. Lightning must prepare for the battles ahead. Luckily, just outside the cathedral, Lightning will have the chance to encounter the following -
Preparations for the final day bosses fight
- monsters including the anubys - this is the chance to get some high level abilities. Of course, Lightning can get high level abilities by going down to day 1 and fighting the relevant monsters which will drop those abilities, and then go to day 0 when she gets those abilities. Also, Lightning can use this method to get malistones.
- sorcery shop - this will allow Lightning to synthesize the abilities to the max and then level up the abilities. These superior items are very very expensive.
- forge - sell useless weapons and focus only on a few garbs, shields and weapons that will smash the final day bosses.
- general store - get those phoenix down potions or whatever helps.
- outfitters - dress up before the final day bosses.
Then go through to the cathedral. At the entrance, Lightning will face the cathedral guards. After this, the Shadow Hunter arrives to give Lightning a hand against the chimeras. Go into the temple of light. Lightning may want to run and ignore enemies at this point. Just keep running until Lightning reaches Fang. Together, they must defeat Chimera.
Lightning Returns Final Finatasy XIII God's Sanctum the Four Trials
Finish off this first chimera, and then step into God's Sanctum. Watch the cut scene and then take on the four trials to strengthen Lightning (get more abilities), and get the weapon and shield needed to defeat Bhunivelze.Within the four trials, there will be random monsters. Again, Lightning can run past them and get to the "fixed" monsters guarding each door. There are three sets of monsters in each trial guarding each door.
The four trials and the monsters and rewards Lightning will get after finishing them are -
- Trial or Altar of Atonement - this is the hardest trial. The end bosses include Neela and Wendigo, Ectopudding and the Earth Eater. Move on through the final door and get Surge Level 1.
Note that Mog will be present in the God's Sanctum to sell Lightning potions including the phoenix down potions. If Lightning has trouble defeating the Earth Eater, go back and get more phoenix down potions. Then engage the Earth Eater again.
- Trial or Atlar of Judgement - the end bosses include goblins and Zomok. Move on through the final door and get Chill Level 1.
- Trial or Altar of Birth - the end bosses include sets, niblets and the Cyclops. Move on through the final door and get Tornado Level 1.
- Trial or Altar of Salvation - the end bosses include meonekton, gremlins and the Chimera. Move on through the final door and get Flare Level 1.
With the four trials completed, Lightning will get the -
- Ultima weapon
- Ultima shield
Now, move on and go and defeat Bhunivelze.
More by this Author
Skyrim the Midden Daedric Relic Puzzle. Skyrim How to Solve the Midden Daedric Relic Hand Puzzle. Skyrim the Midden Daedric Hand Which Finger to Put What Rings. Skyrim Location of the Daedric Relic Hand Treasure.
Ryse Son of Rome Boss Fights Guide. Includes how to defeat the archers. How to defeat Minotaur Chief Glott. How to rescue the romans from the minotaur with flaming torch. Avoid Boudica's elephants.
Bloodborne Level Up Guide