Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII the Dead Dunes Main Quest Walkthrough
In Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII, Lightning travels to the Dead Dunes. Within the Dead Dunes, Lightning finds a group of bandits known as Monoclonus. She must find join the bandits in order to find the Holy Clavis. The Holy Clavis is reputed to draw on the souls of the dead. Lightning also meets the Bandit Queen and her 'old' friend Fang. Together and like the old times, Lightning and Fang must dungeon crawl through the temple ruins to find the holy clavis. This will guide Lightning and Fang with a temple ruins walkthrough and will guide them on how to unlock the doors to find the three murals, the three tablets and eventually find the Holy Clavis. It will also include a walkthrough of the main quest in the dead dunes including -
- Bandits of the Desert
- Aspiring Bandit
- Where the Clavis Lies
- Murals of the Gods
- The Holy Clavis
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Get to the Bandits Camp
Lightning will alight at the Dead Dunes station. At the Dead Dunes station, a lazy station attendant will mention something about bandits in the area. Lightning must get to the bandits camp, otherwise known as Ruffian.
The bandits camp lies to the north of the dead dunes station. As Lightning heads north, she will be stopped by a sandstorm. She has to double back and head east and north and go via the longer route to the bandits camp. (Map) At the bandits camp, find Adonis and get the Aspiring Bandits quest from him. Go back to the southern part of the sandstorm and defeat the Gurangtach near the sandstorm.
Get the pilgrim's crux and plug this into the stone plague. The sandstorm will subside. Adonis will appear and congratulate Lightning. He brings Lightning back to the bandits camp and 'introduces' her to his leader, the queen of bandits. She is none other than Fang.
Get excited! Because it's the heroines tag team action as Fang joins Lightning. This will start the Holy Clavis quest.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Temple Ruins Walkthrough
The temple ruins initial entrance is located far to the northeast of the dead dunes.
- Enter the temple ruins and the bandit will open the gate.
- Proceed through and find a way to get to the Plenilune lower levels.
- There are a few doors here. One category of doors will only open at a certain time.
- Another set of doors will be triggered by the activation of blocks. These doors will get the heroines to the two initial murals - Twilight and Creation. Lightning will find the final mural next to the sacred door (beyond which lies the Holy Clavis).
- The third set of doors are blocked by monsters. Defeat them to proceed through.
- The fourth set of doors can be opened by a pilgrim's crux and Lightning's savior touch.
- These doors generally allow Lightning back onto the surface to look for the three tablets.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Find the Three Mural Chambers
- From the Plenilune lower levels, get to the chamber of flames and then the chamber of floods where the sacred gate is. Beyond the Sacred Gate lies the holy clavis. Next to the sacred gate lies the final mural chamber. This will not open until the first two mural chambers are opened.
- Get to the sacred grove beyond the chamber of flames. Search around for the trigger gate for the Chamber of Twilight.
- Get to the golden chambers area. Around the golden chamber lower levels will be a trigger gate for the Chamber of Creation.
- Somewhere along the way, the heroines will have to fight a Gurangtach and an Earth Eater blocking the way to the other areas.
- Remember to activate the red cactus near the three chambers. This will create fast travel points from the tablet locations back to the mural chambers.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Get the Three Tablets
The three tablets are located in the shrines at -
- Atomos's Sands
- The Grave of the Colossi
- Dry Floodlands
To find the shrines within each area, just run near the centres of the three areas and Lightning and Fang will find the three shrines. Descend into each shrine and go get the tablets. On the way out, the team will have to defeat some skeletons. Then activate the red cactus fast travel points to return to the three mural chambers and activate them.
With the activation of each chamber, a crux piece will be revealed. With the opening of the final chamber, Lightning will get a Saints Crux. Now, go to the sacred gate and use this crux to unlock it.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Defeat Parandus
The Holy Clavis is within reach. However, the Order appears just as Fang is about to destroy the Clavis. The Order unleashes Parandus upon the heroines.
Parandus has several attacks and defensive moves including -
- Breath of Rancor
- Absolute Barrier
- Gloria Mundi
Lightning should equip herself with the abilities -
- Aeroga - this creates a lot of damage and will likely stagger the Parandus.
Then use the overclock and army of one EP abilities to reduce the Parandus's health in chunks. Whilst trying to collect the three tablets, head to the general store to get lots of phoenix down potions. When the Parandus is down to its final chunk of health, use Aeroga again and again. Combine this with Overclock. The Parandus will be defeated.
With Parandus defeated, the heroines find no cause to celebrate, as the Holy Clavis falls into the hands of the Order. This will set up the stage for the final day battle. However, before the final day battle, there is a "secret" main quest which must be unlocked. This will happen, with the events becoming clearer when Lumina shows Lighting all her allies and foes from the past. Who is missing from the storyline so far? Finding this character will unlock that main quest, and propel the storyline forwards to the apocalyptic end of the world.
More by this Author
Skyrim the Midden Daedric Relic Puzzle. Skyrim How to Solve the Midden Daedric Relic Hand Puzzle. Skyrim the Midden Daedric Hand Which Finger to Put What Rings. Skyrim Location of the Daedric Relic Hand Treasure.
Ryse Son of Rome Boss Fights Guide. Includes how to defeat the archers. How to defeat Minotaur Chief Glott. How to rescue the romans from the minotaur with flaming torch. Avoid Boudica's elephants.
Bloodborne Level Up Guide