Pool Table Light Installation
Tiffany Pool Table Lights Installation
Pool Table Light Installation
pool table light must be hung properly to ensure full illumination of
your billiard playing area including the rails, cushions and guide
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HANGING YOUR POOL TABLE LIGHT:
1. You must find the CENTER of your tables PLAYING AREA-which is the length and width of the pool table bed only-(not the rails). Here are the standard playing areas of pool tables:
TABLE SIZE PLAYING AREA
6' x 3' L 66" x W 33"
7' x 3'6" L 78" x W 39"
8' x 4 ' L 88" x W 44"
8' x 4 ' (oversized) L 92" x W 46"
9' x 4'6" L 100" x W 50"
10' x 5' L 112" x W 56"
12' x 6' L 124" x W 62"
2. Next place a small piece of masking tape on the center of your tables playing area. For example: If you have a 9' x 4'6" pool table your playing area is L100" x W 50". Now take your tape measure (which should be flush against the inside head rail) and use your middle diamond on the rail as a guide and measure in L 50" and tick with a small piece of tape and measure the width which should be W25" and that will give you the center of your tables playing area.
3. Now that you have the center of your pool table marked with a small piece of masking tape, hold a plumb line from the ceiling and align it to the center of your tables playing area ⇒ mark your ceiling when the plumb line is aligned with your pool table center (note: you can buy a plumb line at any hardware store.)
NOTE» Tiffany pool table lights are fairly heavy and the ceiling mounts or hooks should be screwed into a ceiling stud. Use a stud finder to locate your ceiling studs. If a stud is not available you can fasten your pool table light using strong drywall fasteners such as a Toggle Bolt.
4. Measure the distance from the center of your pool table light to the center of the chain on both sides of your pool table light and mark these measurements on your ceiling. This is where our hooks will be screwed into the ceiling. Run your plumb line again to ensure your ceiling marks are aligned and centered to your pool table light.
5. Pre-drill a hole or two holes (if it is a two chain mount) into the stud/studs or drywall. Drill size TIP» A quick technique is to hold a drill bit up to the shank of the mounting screw. The proper drill bit size is the same size as the shank between the threads of your mounting screw. Screw the mounting hooks securely into your pre-drilled holes.
NOTE: If you need to stand on your pool table bed to install your light, place a piece of dense foam or a thick blanket on your pool table bed to protect the felt.
6. Count the pool table light chain links on both sides to ensure your pool table light is level. Once mounted you can adjust your pool table light height for proper illumination of your pool table. That's It !
TOOLS NEEDED: Ladder, Measuring Tape, Plumb Line, Small Hand Drill, Screwdriver, Possibly a toggle bolt, Masking Tape and a pencil.
Author: Denise McDonald
- Pool Table Light Height - Billard Table Dimensions
If you would like more info on pool table light height and billiard room size just follow the link.