Uncharted 3 Review: Drake's Deception on PS3 - Is It Truly the Greatest Game Ever Made?
Uncharted 3 Review: PlayStation 3 Game
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is the third in the series of Nathan Drake's story developed by Naughty Dog.
Here, the lead character Nathan Drake, a fortune hunter, is picking up where his ancestor Sir Francis Drake left off as he embarks on a journey with his mentor, Victor Sullivan into the heart of the Arabian desert to find a lost fabled city ''Atlantis of the Sands''.
Katherine Marlowe, the games first female villain, who happens to have some past connection with Nathan and Victor Sullivan is also seeking out the "Atlantis of the Sands" along with her trusted ally Talbot.
PS3 Game - Uncharted 3 bundle
Take advantage of a great deal on uncharted 3 bundle
When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake's quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears. Now the showdown begins as Nathan Drake and his colleagues are racing against time through exotic locations such as London, Syria and Yemen to reach the lost city before they do.
As with its predecessor Uncharted 2, it is more action packed especially as characters from the past (love interest Elena Fisher and Chloe Frazer) make an appearance and there is a bit of history that reveals a deeper relationship between Drake and his mentor Victor Sullivan.
Uncharted 3 Review - The Good
Uncharted 3 on PS3 has an amazing story, the graphics and presentation are fantastic - The graphics are good with an option to view the game in stereoscopic 3D.
The cinematic experience is unparalleled. I would say its the best I have seen. It features new innovations in sand, fire, smoke and water dynamics and effects.
Uncharted 3: PS3 game - Drake's Deception
- Uncharted 3 offers more diverse gameplay than its predecessor. The gameplay is perfect from London to Sands with too many new things. Multiplayer is better than Uncharted 2 and there is the addition of a splitscreen multi-player for gamers who like to play offline.
- Character acting is much better compared to the previous game as the faces are fuller and more expressive. Great soundtrack and voices acting.
- The character (Nathan Drake) can now take on opponents in more ways than before. There is now the hand-to-hand combat with multiple opponents, a combination of puzzle solving, platforming, and shooting that is balanced extremely well, contextual melee attacks, and new stealth options. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception also features expanded and diverse moves with deep gunplay.
- I love the chance to delve into and control Drake's life as a young boy of 15 growing up as an orphan in Colombia.
Uncharted 3 Review - The Not So Bad
Just like every game, there is always a down-side. If you are a fan of the series, apart from a few new melee attacks and the addition of splitscreen multiplayer you may get the sequel feeling creeping up on you from time to time just like de-javu. A been-there-done-that feeling which can make it easily boring.
- The gunplay was not executed properly.There was not much change with it aside from the addition of a new gun or two e.g a pistol with a sniper rifle’s scope. Aiming the gun can leave you frustrated (but that can be fixed in the options), and trying to take cover while moving is not that effective.
- The shooting is perhaps not as polished as it was in its predecessors uncharted 1 and 2 as head shots seem not to kill instantly as in the previous games.
- Even though the new combat is more cinematic, it does create a lot of problems. The melee combat is flawed and a bit annoying. I can almost swear that there were times where it felt like the game was just throwing enemies at me for the sake of making it more difficult.
Ultimately the good far outweighs the bad, and is as much an experience with an amazing story as it is a game. I give it a 9.5 out of 10 and would say most definitely that its the Greatest Game Ever Made.
Other Interesting Hubs for Uncharted 3 Review on PS3
- Uncharted 3 : Drake's Deception [Review]
Uncharted 3 : Drake's Deception [Review]
- Uncharted 3 Lives Up to High Expectations.
Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception, is the latest game in a series known for excellence. The second game in the series being widely considered one of the very best games on the ps3, so this third entry had a lot to live up to and in many ways it ended up.
- Uncharted 3
An in-depth look at the upcoming game Uncharted 3 the sequel to the game of the year, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. A brief overview as well as single player and multiplayer are looked at in this article. Take a look at what is sure to be one of the mo
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - First Look
His name is Nathan Drake, and he is a descendant of Sir Francis Drake. He is quick with his gun, his fist and his tongue. He is suave with the ladies, slick with his friends and sly with his enemies. He may have shades of Indiana Jones and follow the
- The Hottest PS3 Games For Christmas 2011: The Top Ho...
Looking for the hottest games for this year's Christmas season? Check out the very best PS3 games for the 2011 Holiday season and get all the info on the best new PlayStation 3 gifts for gamers.
More by this Author
- 8Visual Impairment in Children: Identifying Causes, Signs & Symptoms and Learning How To Support Them
Visual impairment in children is a term used to describe a functional loss of vision either fully or partially. With a partial vision, the child may not have lost their sight completely but it so bad that they have to...
Black dresses are a must for every woman's wardrobe. It is considered a color of authority and power. It is popularly known for making a woman appear thinner. Introduced in the 1920's, black dresses are sexy,...
A flush valve, also known as the fill valve, is the most likely to become problematic in your toilet tank setup. If you hear your toilet running constantly, then you may be losing water through a leaking flush valve ...