The Benefit of Sleeping For Health
Do we need sleep?
Are you enough to sleep? How much time do you need for sleep? four hours, five hours, six hours or even seven hours. It depends on us, because we have different schedule of work. Sometimes we can predict when do we sleep? But I often meet the people who have regularly schedule for their sleep. When work over time, it can be sure we less in sleep, right! Maybe we sleep just for three hours or four hours. But do yo know that from sleep can restore the vitality of someone getting better. From the National Sleep Foundation, USA. said that babies must sleep around 80% a day. And then for adult, they need 30% from twenty four hours. It is around 6-9 hours. we don't need only a sleep, but the important thing good quality of sleep.
However in situation right now, everyone is required to work hard with high mobility and busy schedule, to meet the time sleeping for 7-9 hours a day as recommended was not easily fulfilled. In fact, there are many people who sleep only 4-5 hours a day. Of course, this can trigger sleep disturbances while reducing the vitality. Some impacts may be felt if we did not get to sleep enough or less in a quality of sleep, like:
- Impact on the influence of memory.
- Concentration and thought to be declining.
- Influence on the people's behavior, like easily tempered, less friendly, and tend to be aggressive
- Sleep deprivation can also trigger the overweight. Because somebody who sleep less tend to look for sweet and fatty foods.
- It also can increase blood sugar in the body, or which in health terms is called with diabetes.
- Less in sleep can trigger high blood pressure, heart disease, and depression.
If we have good schedule of sleep. At least we can sleep well around 7-9 hours with good quality. From quality of sleep give us a lot of benefit, especially for health. Like:
- Improve the human immune, to make us qualified to see the future.
- Improve our intelligence, thoroughness, creativity, increase mental and emotional abilities as well as the mood remained awake and it is going to be developed.
- Good quality of sleep can also rejuvenates the body's cells function and it can improve metabolism function.
- Sleep can also add vision capabilities and our concentration.
- In addition good quality of sleep also useful to get healthy skin, body and face looks fresh.
How to reach good quality of sleeping
Although we don't have time to sleep well, at least we try to make it better than before. But I hope start from now, we pay attention to our sleep. Why I said so, because healthy is kind of investment for the future. If we don't prepare start from now, when do we start? preventing is better than healing, right. Don't worry when we don't get good quality of sleep. Here's the tips we can do to reach that. I hope we can learn and try to practice step by step. We don't have to push our self if we don't get accustomed. But learning from small thing will produce bigger thing next time. Here's simple tips from me:
1. We can doing light exercise before go to bed
Stay away from things that can make sleep less soundly. Such as: too full to eat, eat that contains high fat and cholesterol and caffeine intake with time 4-6 hours before bed so that it can stimulate your brain. Actually by doing exercise before bed can also make a person reach the quality of sleep. Exercise was recommended before going to sleep for us by doing stretches for the muscles and joints. And this exercise can be done two hours before bedtime.
2. Healthy lifestyle also needed to reach the quality of sleep
For example during in the spare time of activities there should be an exercise, eating with balanced nutrition, and reducing things that trigger stress, such as smoking.
4. Avoid watching television in the bedroom
Research has proven that people who frequently experience sleep disorders have a television in the bedroom.
3. Children and toddlers also need to sleep in a reasonable time.
Enough sleep will make children physically and mentally to become more conducive. Well, this is the condition which affects the child's intelligence. Based on the research, during sleep all body cells, including muscle cells, liver, kidney, bone marrow, and brain cells to recover.
5. Try a new pillow or mattress.
Is the mattress supports your body correctly? So you do not feel back pain when you wake up? If you don't felt this, replace the pillows so you feel more fresh and new.
6. Avoid caffeine at night
Be aware that caffeine is 10 to 12 hours before bedtime may cause trouble sleeping. Try to avoid soda and chocolate in order to sleep more soundly.
7. Listen to relaxation music.
Get accustomed to listening the relaxation music can make the signals of the body to get ready for bed. Dim the lights and play jazz music or relaxation CD to get a good night's sleep.
8. Try mind and body techniques.
Try to calm the mind and body by creating rituals such as bathing, meditation, and doing yoga poses for relaxation and calm. Ritual repetition will trigger your mind and body that it was time to relax and sleep.
9. Herbal remedies.
These are natural medicines to get sleep well. You can try the tea of chamomile flowers before go to bed or inhale fragrant lavender essential oil to calm your mind, making it easier to sleep soundly.
You can also read:
More by this Author
In non-banana growing countries like the west, or non-tropical countries in the northern hemisphere of Asia, the banana is an imported food item consisting of only one type
From the 60 countries which have winter season. Only several countries have beautiful scenery when the snow comes.
The first time I never thought that Russia has many beautiful tourism places to visit. Russia is a country which stretches along Eastern Europe and northern Asia.