An ultimate guide to Rules and Benefits of Prayanam and Asana
Give some time to yourself
Pranayama frees our mind from untruthfulness, ignorance and also help us to combat all other painful and unpleasant experiences of the body and mind; and when our mind becomes clean it becomes easy for the meditater to concentrate on the desired object and it becomes possible for him to progress further in the direction of meditation .
By Yoga asanas(excersise), we overcome the distortions and disabilities of our physical self and bring it back to discipline.Lungs, heart and brain hold very important stand in our body and they depend on each other like a team to put back our body in the working condition .
Pranayam is a systematic exercise of respiration, which makes our lungs stronger, improves the blood circulation, makes us healthier and bless us with long life. We all know that the air (Prana) we breathe in fills our lungs, spreads in the entire body, reaches our heart which throws out the unwanted carbon dioxide out of the body by exhalation. If respiratory related prayanam are done regularly and efficiently, lungs become stronger and our blood becomes pure void of all the problems.
However,many people do not breathe deeply resulting in 1/4 of the lungs being active and 75% idle. Which means only about 20 million pores in the lungs get oxygen, whereas remaining 53 million pores are deprived of oxygen,this results in the attack of several diseases like tuberculosis, or other respiratory diseases and also ailments like coughing ,pneumonia and bronchitis to our body.
The inefficiency of the lungs interferes the process of blood purification. Often Heart weakensand many heart related problems erupt.Several diseases can be averted by regular practice of Pranayama.Hence,regular practice enables a man to lead a healthy and long life.
Mental disorders like anxiety, fear, anger, disappointment, lust for sex (lasciviousness) and other mental perversions can be calmed down by regular practice of Pranayama. apart from this prayanam improves the functions of the brain cells by bringing oxygen to them with the resulting improvement in the memory and observation .
- Some rules for Pranayama:-
- Choose a peaceful place for doing Pranayama. (open space like park or garden or near the pond or river).
- Sit in any Asana, Padmasana, Sidhasana or Vajrasana, which one finds convenient. The mat or cloth on which one sits must be a non-conductor of electricity.
- Breathe only through your nose, because the air which you inhale gets filtered.Nasal respiration regulates the temperature of our body properly. It also prevents foreign and harmful objects from getting into your lungs.
- Keep your mind calm and composed.As Pranayama calm down the disturbed mind and keep one happy and content.
- Pranayama should be performed four to five hours after eating food or in the morning after finishing daily routine work of cleaning yourself . first do Pranayanam and follow it by Yogasana. Start with five to ten minutes and gradually put it up to 1/2 or 1 hour as convenient for you never over stress your self.Maintain a specific rhythm and count .To clean your bowels in the morning, you may take mild laxative like triphala (non habit forming herbal combination of 3 herbs) Kapala-bhati Pranayama, if done regularly for a few days will help in curing constipation.and when you do aloom -vilom if frees you from most of the respiratory problems along with rectification of your body system ,as it provide new life to cells.
- If you feel fatigued while doing Pranayama , relax and rest, do deep breathing, It will remove the fatigue.
- Pregnant women and persons suffering from fever and those who are lustful having no control on their passions should avoid Pranayama .
- Eat simple and less spicy food . Use of cow’s milk,home made butter, fruits and green vegetables.
- Control on the entire breathing process, and maintaining mental equilibrium, and concentration of mind is the main rule of Pranayama.
- All the organs of the body should be kept in normal condition,none of the external organs such as mouth, eyes, nose should feels any strain . While doing Pranayama sit in an erect posture. Keep your spine and neck straight. This is essential for reaping the full benefit of Pranayama .
- Keep an interval of about 15 to 20 minutes between Pranayama and bathing.
- It is beneficial to chant the mantra that carry vibrations and energy Om (the first cosmic soundless sound)could be pronounced for inner soul and meditation .Even recital of sacred songs or hymns in the praise of almighty God are beneficial. This will calm your mind and make you fit for Pranayama too.
- The benefits of yoga :--
- All the three Doshas (faults) - Vata , pitta and Kapha and any other abnormalities in the body are removed.
- Digestive system or organ related diseases are cured.
- Diseases related to lungs, heart and brain are also taken care of.
- Obesity, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Constipation, Flatulence, Acidity, Respiratory troubles, Allergy, Migraine, High blood pressure and diseases pertaining to kidneys and sexual disorders of males and females are well taken care of and Immunity develops.
- Hair fall or premature graying,wrinkles at young age, dimming of eye sight, forgetfulness or memory related problems are relieved and process of aging slows down.
- Face becomes bright, luminous and content you feel relaxed and decision making skill improves.A sense of contentment and enthusiasm or zeal develops within us. Conditions like depression take back seat.
THUS WE CONCLUDE:-All the physical and mental disorders and abnormalities are cured taken care and the toxins are removed from the body with the constant practice of prayanam.The habit of positive and constructive thinking develops.
Comments 4 comments
You Can Buy the Cd and Regularly Practice Yoga at Home to Get Good Health.
More by this Author
You may not know that someone stutters or stammers until you have communicated to that person for a certain length of time Short conversation sometimes helps a person to disguise the problem of stammering.
Gain height according to age,so that people who want to put up height can help themselves.
This article lists the ways to prevent and treat dark spots on the skin due to sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and melasma.