Ten Great Personal Goals to Set This Year
Welcome to 2015! I'm sure you are looking for a way to achieve your goals for this year. Here are some friendly tips.
Setting goals you will actually achieve is the most realistic way to achieving what you want. It makes no sense setting goals you know are out of your reach or those "New Year's resolutions" you know you have no intention of keeping.
Basically, these ideas will help you practice your goal-setting by setting simple life-changing goals that are very easy to achieve. If you can master these simple tips then you are on your way to achieving much bigger ones.
Anyone can set goals but not everyone can execute and achieve them. Many of us get excited to start executing our goals but life or some other obstacle gets in the way and we drop it. Quite a few of us have a dozen unfinished personal projects laying around just waiting for attention. How do you get rid of this procrastination in order to achieve your goals?
I have a simple strategy. It's so simple that you are going to ask, "Why didn't I think of this myself?"
The ten personal goals actually include the strategy to achieve them! Set goals that are of the same theme! Okay that may sound strange and even silly. But haven't you ever done something and it turned out so well that you want to expand on it? Yes, you have. It's like making cupcakes, then you go on to make bigger cakes, then before you know it people are asking for the recipes and you are now opening a pastry shop! Well maybe not, but most businesses start out that way.
Here are ten easy and simple goals to achieve in 2015
These are some goals I achieved in the past.
My goals were set from the year before and I did not achieve the first until the middle of the year, so they were completed in the following year and that is okay. The idea is to achieve the goal and not give up.
- Find a job that paid over a certain amount of monthly salary. (Done.)
- Replace my crashed computer. (Bought two computers since.)
- Get a new refrigerator. (Done.)
- Refurbish kitchen. (Done.)
- Find a way to make money online. (Doing that now.)
- Find ways to make money online faster. (Doing that now.)
- Start writing more of what I love in order to make money. (Doing that now.)
- Refurbish bathroom. (Done.)
- Find a way to really make a monthly income online. (Am doing that now with Elance and Guru.com. Making much more than I asked for.)
- Make HP my primary source of income. (Still working on that.)
So basically all my goals were realized. Some goals are long-term investments, like HP, while some are material stuff. The year before that was all about my personal well being.
Ten Great Personal Goals to Achieve This Year!
I usually set goals rather than make resolutions and my goals usually start out with something simple and very personal. One goal usually leads to another. These are just life-changing tips that I have used in the past to help me get from down to up and feeling great even when things don't go my way. You can change them around if you like.
- Make a list of goals similar to this one or just use mine!
- Make every day count. Don't take it for granted. Live every day like it was your last.
- Stop thinking about what's gone and think about tomorrow. When you do this you are looking ahead. Every time you think of yesterday, consciously break your thought and fantasize about tomorrow.
- When things go wrong see the positive in it. Take a moment to think about what went wrong and think about the possibilities that maybe something better is ahead.
- Take a day away from everything: no work, no home chores, no cell phone unless it's to chat with a friend. You get dressed that day in your best or favorite day clothes, go out to breakfast, do something you have always wanted to do, then have lunch, go to the spa and treat yourself. Let it be your secret. No regrets, so don't think how much it will cost. Just do it and love every minute of it. It's your day. Do want you want, even if it means not taking a shower or brushing your teeth!
- Strip naked and look in the mirror at least twice per week until you love every inch of yourself and want to kiss every inch of yourself.
- Take a nature walk at least once per week.
- Face one of your fears. You must do this until you conquer it.
- Do something really crazy that you are sure someone will find odd. Nothing illegal. Something crazy like screaming. Haven't you ever felt like just screaming for fun? It's usually your body telling you that you have pent-up tension that needs to be released and it usually works.
- Make sure you have done all the things on this list!
Personal Goals of Mine That Helped Me With My Internal Issues
Last year I achieved the personal goals I set but I realize that with each year comes growth and new goals. So I have a new list. Here it is:
- Do one thing I have always wanted to do but haven't had the chance to.
- Save towards my dream vacation regardless of the economy.
- Discover something I never knew before which means taking the nature walk but using it to learn something new.
- Feed at least one hungry person.
- Help at least one person who is going through a situation I have gone through before.
- Live a healthy lifestyle.
- Meditate more often in order to be in tune with my inner self.
- Discover something about me I never knew before.
- Increase my earning potential.
- Never allow others to invade my peace, or mental and emotional space unless it's with positive energy.
Your Goals, Your Way!
You can change around the goals in the above lists or modify them to suit your personal needs. The idea is to start with a list. Tick each goal as you accomplish it.
After you finish this one, set out another ten. If there was a goal on the list you didn't accomplish, transfer it to the new list and start on that one first. Set higher goals that are more tangible such as life goals, finances, education, or love.
Have a great year!
More by this Author
Down syndrome is a condition that is genetic and slows down mental and physical development. Statistics from the National Association for Down syndrome shows that one child out of every 691 has DS.
When life deals with you sourly what do you do? Don't let the lemons go to waste, put them to good use.
Want to know what Jamaica is known for? There are many things we are known for but here are the top ten.