10 Habits for a Happy Life
Build character traits for Happiness
You may think that once you get past a certain age in life, nothing can change the way you've lived your life. Nothing can be further from the truth if you want to live a very long life. Age is just a number and what we all should concern ourselves with is our own unique identity, and what we want for a fruitful and happy existence everyday of our life, Here are 10 ways to help you get there. If you already possess them then more power to you.
1. Have a love of learning - Don't stop learning after you have finished your education.Constantly try to acquire new skills; such as wrting on HubPages or other blogs. Constantly try to satisfy your curiosity, and build on your existing knowledge. Have you ever wanted to learn French? Sign up for a language class and plan a trip overseas to put your new skill to use.
2. Let your creativity shine - Let your hair hang down, and go and take an art or dance class. Do it with the attitude of having fun, and don't judge yourself. You will be so satisfied when you do this; it may just become contagious.
3. Have Humility and Modesty - Be able to recognize your abilities and achievements and also appreciate others achievements. Try writing down the names of 3 or 4 friends or associates that you look up to, and lists the traits that you most admire from them. Put a check besides those traits you don't have, and work on achieving that trait.
4. Have Humor in your Life - Learn to laugh and do it alot. Watch a funny movie or sitcom. Go out with friends to a local comedy club. If you do something stupid; laugh at yourself instead of getting mad, and throwing or breaking something you"ll regret later.
5. Be Persistent and Strong - If you face any type of obstacle in life like loosing weight, think about what may not have worked last time, and change it by having a better plan. People who take responsibility for their success and failures are more likely to succeed in achieving their goals.
6. Have some Gratitude - Be grateful and thankful. All of us should count our blessings because somewhere in this world, there are those less fortunate than we are; especially the children of the world. Reflect each day by being thankful for what you do have; especially family, and not material possessions.
7. Learn how to forgive - Don't hold on to hurt and anger. If the event that caused you anger is getting the best of you, try writing a letter, and state your forgiveness to the person who was involved. Don't send the letter...the act of just writing the letter will help you start the healing process.
8. Appreciate Excellence and Beauty - Recognize the good things in life and appreciate them. Literally; "Stop and smell the roses or Wake up and smell the coffee". Allocate some "you" time, and take a walk to the park or visit an art gallery or science museum. The choices are yours for the taking.
9. Spirituality is a good thing - You don't have to be a devout church goer to possess a spiritual side. Try meditation for 10 to 15 minutes a day. When you first wake-up in the morning or just before bedtime, say a quite prayer or just quite contemplation allows you to go beyond yourself.
10. Show some Vitality - Get up and move, don't be slumping around. Physical activity increases you sense of vitality with activities such as a gym workout, a hike, or a bike ride through the park. Less vigorous activity like gardending, or painting on a canvass, also get the job done.
Do you consider your life happy, healthy, and fulfilled?See results without voting
More tips on leading a Happy life
- Want to Live a Happy Life ? Adopt these Tips !!
Life is for living. In this life we have been experiencing different sorts of things day by day. On the course of our life there may occur some terrible incidents that we never want to be there.. On the other...
- Smart Ways To Lead A Happy Life
Meaning Of Happiness Hi friends, every one in this world wants to live happy. Here I am going to Explain the ways and tips to lead a happy life. First of all ask the question 'what is happiness to you' to...
More by this Author
I love to cook for my family and after so many years doing it, I just try to keep it simple most times.Try these delicious recipes and you'll won't be disappointed.
For a family and friends Holiday party, here are some recipes for three drinks that even children can have. Recipe #1 Rosy Holiday Punch This drink, made in a punch bowl is a mixture of sweet and tart fruit...
Peroxide can be used in countless ways for everything from removing stains from clothing to whitening teeth. The price and uses can't be beat. Peroxide is a must have for every household.