10 Natural Hair Loss Tips
The Natural Solution
My Top Ten Natural Hair Loss Tips
Losing one's luscious hair can be a traumatic and a life-altering experience. After all, amazing hair is right up there in the first impression category with great teeth and well-manicured nails. So, when you've suddenly begun to clog your shower drain or have started finding “surprise” clumps on your pillow, it can cause anxiety levels to rise to the highest degree.
Before beginning any new ritual, always begin by consulting with your doctor, that way anything serious can be ruled out and/or dealt with. But if your hair loss is caused from the multitude of “beats me” factors, then give these all-natural remedies a fighting chance.
Ten Natural Hair loss Tips worth diving in head first:
1. Castor Oil ~ Strong hair is hair that will never abandon ship. In other words, a well-nourished gorgeous scalp will keep hair thriving and happy. Castor oil is the best oil I have found for incredibly strong, thick and voluminous hair. Mix a teaspoon of Castor oil into your shampoo directly into the palm of your hand, and follow with a half-teaspoon into your conditioner (both shampoo and conditioner should preferably be herbal, minus all the harmful irritants for the best results). You will immediately notice the difference in your hair's texture and density and gradually find your hair loss dramatically decreased. Give it a go, you will NOT be disappointed.
2. Black Strap Molasses ~ Gulping down two teaspoons daily (although difficult for some) will do wonders for energy, overall well-being and absolutely beautiful hair and skin, which is possibly due to it's high levels of iron. Iron deficiency can be one factor in sudden hair loss. The people that swear by good old-fashioned molasses take it in a variety of ways. Try it to spice up coffee with a tablespoon, in warm soy milk as a mystical latte or even mixed in a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter. Make sure it's unsulphered for the best results. I've even put it directly on my scalp for a deep-nourishing intense treatment. It's a sticky process, so be gentle and allow to seep into your scalp for at least 30 minutes. Gorgeous, gorgeous hair will follow.
3. Skin and Hair Vitamins (one that includes 1000 mg. Of Biotin) ~ A must-do practice for those lacking in the healthy-eating department. Results will be obvious in about three months, so patience is definitely in order here..
4. Emu Oil ~ An emu may seem like just an awkward, clumsy, flightless bird to you, but to the Australian Aborigines, this bird held magical healing properties for a multitude of ailments. Emu oil is highly penetrating, anti-inflammatory and non-comodogenic, which means it will not clog up pores. Rubbed directly onto scalp and leave in overnight, and then get ready to watch the healing begin. Sleeping hair follicles will be awoken and strengthened. Such an amazing oil that is definitely worth further investigation.
5. Aloe Vera ~ Used for ages by the people of the Caribbean and Native Americans, Aloe Vera has been touted as a leading promoter of the prevention of hair loss and luscious healthy hair. Aloe Vera will balance your scalp's PH level, as well as aid in healing. Using Aloe Vera to mix into your daily shampoo or with a carrier oil such as jojoba, Castor or olive oil will provide deep soothing and penetrating healing.
6. Sage Tea ~ Create an extra-strength Sage tea herbal rinse. Steep two bags of pure sage tea in 8 ounces of very hot water for about 10 minutes. After hair has been shampooed and towel-dried, gently pat and massage cooled tea into scalp. Rinse and bask in your full, rich hair. The healing properties in this aromatic tea are holistic and a major treat for all of your senses to enjoy.
7. Olive Oil and Rosemary ~ If you've tried home-spun conditioning recipes before for glorious hair, then no doubt, you've soaked your precious locks into olive oil, but have you thought to add the very potent Rosemary? This essential oil is proven to heal, even the most stubborn scalps, and provide an unequaled nourishment for super-healthy and an easily manageable mane. Rosemary adds antioxidant effects and adds loads of shine, not to mention it's proven strengthening capabilities.
8. Sesame Oil ~ this overnight treatment will allow you to wake up to ultimate sheen and a new vibrant hair vitality. Sesame oil rubbed into your scalp and then covered with either a just-outta-the-dryer warm towel or basic shower cap for an overnight ritual will not only relieve scalp irritation, but will wake-up weak and tired hair follicles.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar ~ Check out your local health food store and find unfiltered raw apple-cider vinegar that contains the “mother strain”. This form of apple cider vinegar contains essential probiotics that stabilizes your hair's natural bacteria balance. Prepare this superior treatment by mixing equal parts of ACV and water (4 ounces and 4 ounces). Add in drops of the essential oil sage (8-10 drops will suffice) and gently massage into scalp. Wrap hair in a towel and prepare to leave in for at least 30-45 minutes. Follow-up with your herbal shampoo and conditioner and make sure to to do this every other wash, or at the very least, once a week.
10. Neem Oil ~ In India, neem oil has been used for ages as a preventative and combative tool in hair loss. In order to get the full effects of the amazing Neem oil, it's best to use as a deep intense conditioning treatment. Directly massage neem oil into scalp and hair, and leave in overnight. Wash out with your herbal shampoo, or even better try a specialty shampoo that also contains neem. Potentially perfect hair is closer than you think.
More by this Author
The Charming Cancer Man June 22 ~ July 22 The Cancer Man is a mystery. A man of few words. A man so private that it may take a lifetime to lay claim to understanding him, and even then, it will be your word...
The Aquarius Man January 20 ~ February 18 An extraordinary fellow who plays by his own set of rules. If you always expect the unexpected from this very sexy man, then you're already ahead of the pack. Remember the...
“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.” Kenneth Miller Joe Jackson ~ Steppin' Out Timeless, well-written and one of...