10 Natural Remedies to Stop Smoking
There are many products out there on the market that are supposed to help us quitoking. Some work for certain people while others are just throwing their money out the window. There is no quit now solution that is going to allow you an easy way to quit smoking. There is an adjustment period that will need to be gone through before the body will accept it. So, using the power of positive thought along with some natural remedies will not remove the symptoms or cravings of quitting, but will help reduce them to a more tolerable level.
Here, is a list of some great natural remedies to help you.
1. Ginger- Everyone knows that the best way to beat nausea is with ginger ale. Nausea is also one of the most common side effects that afflict people while quitting. So, within the first few days of you stopping smoking keep some ginger ale nearby to help deal with those bought of nausea you will experience.
2. Lobelia – Like ginger has a great effect in helping you to reduce the side effects of nausea while quitting smoking. One thing it also helps with is in that it has a similar effect on the dopamine levels in our brain similar to nicotine. These provide us a compelling feeling of relaxation like smoking does. The only difference is that it is not addictive like nicotine.
3. Oats- This is a remedy passed down for generations. Oats have been used to help detoxify the body in a number of scenarios. Oatmeal in the morning can help you to stop the cravings while you drink your early morning coffee.
4. Orange Juice- Is a naturally acidic drink that also helps with oxygenating the blood. With more oxygen in the blood there is less room for nicotine, so it will help remove it.
5. Grape seed Extract- While you quit smoking there will always be a noticeable difference in the way your lungs will help repair themselves. The grape seed extract can help the healing process within your lungs to help you breath better and more deeply.
6. Detoxify – Detoxifying your body of the chemicals of nicotine is essential to be able to rid yourself of the toxic substance. The less that you have in you the less your body will want it. So, it’s a good idea to get in the habit of drinking things like green tea, apple cider vinegar because they will help your body fight toxins.
7. Healthy Diet- When we smoke the nicotine and other chemicals in the cigarette smoke prevent our body from taking in all the normal nutrients from things we eat. So, concentrating on a healthy diet will help us with increased energy and increased reduction in to the chemicals that smoking has left in our system.
8. Water- Water is the best type of detoxification out there. When you are quitting smoking, make sure you always have a bottle of water close by. It is also great in helping us reduce our cravings when we are quitting smoking.
9. Cayenne- This is a very useful product when we trying to quit smoking. This herb helps deaden the lung linings of those areas of our lungs that contain, nicotine. It is an antioxidant of ways in getting rid of the chemicals that smoking has left in your lungs.
10. Honey – Honey is one of the best natural ingredients that help the body recover from a number of things. It is very useful while trying to quit smoking.
- The Top 3 Ways To Stop Smoking
In many ways we all have a series of bad habits or vices we stick to on a regular basis. Weather it is smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, or another form of self-medication. It allows us to supplement those nervous feelings or give us an accuse to
- How to Stop Smoking Through Self-Hypnosis
What is the best way to stop smoking? Is there anything that will truly work for you? There is and it requires a little patience and self-hypnosis.
More by this Author
Poverty in Brazil is one of the highest in the world lets explore why..
How to build the perfect dog house for your family friend. With all the comforts of home while he is out side to enjoy a new peaceful place your dog can call home
If, you love castles like i do then there is only one place to go to see the greatest castles ever built. That is in Germany. Germany has thousands of years’ worth of historical, cultural, and traditional castles that...