10 Reasons To Try Hot Yoga
What is hot yoga?
Hot yoga describes yoga practiced in a heated room. There are various styles of yoga done in this manner including Bikram and Vinyasa yoga. Hot yoga is quickly gaining popularity alongside other health-promoting practices such as pilates and tai chi as more and more establishments are offering these types of classes. Newcomers and seasoned practitioners alike reap benefits from the unique heated experience.
Having recently completed my first hot yoga session, I'll share 10 reasons why I think hot yoga is worth a go. Being more of the home yoga-dvd type myself, this comes from the perspective of a relative newbie.
*Please note: It is very important to check in with your healthcare provider before starting any kind of exercise program or regimen. In the case of hot yoga, some may be extra sensitive to higher temperatures while certain medical conditions may prohibit others from engaging in the practice. This is between you and your healthcare provider and should not be overlooked.
10 Reasons To Try Hot Yoga
In no particular order:
- Experience a piece of the diversity found in the realm of yoga. Don't overlook the spicy addition hot yoga contributes to the "masala" of yoga styles practiced the world over.
- Take your usual yoga practice to new heights with the challenging addition of heat and a new environment. Workout, anyone?
- Give your brain a stimulating boost by learning something new or enhancing preexisting knowledge. Let your neurons go wild with the introduction of a different pose or finally nailing one you've been working on.
- Feel your body relax with the therapeutic effects of heat that facilitate stretching and range of motion.
- Increase flexibility and strength throughout your body.
- Put substance behind those new year's resolutions to shape up and get yourself ready for the upcoming summer months.
- Sweat out some stress as you focus on breathing into the poses and being mindful amidst the surrounding heat.
- Bond with friends, family or significant others over the shared experience of practicing hot yoga together. I guarantee you'll have something conversational to express with one another once your session concludes.
- Do something positive for your health by seeking the heat and workout of hot yoga in lieu of a sedentary round of something like popcorn and a movie viewing, and all for practically the same price (generally speaking).
- Once you do it, you can say that you tried it, and you'll know if hot yoga is something that you'd like to include more in your own near future. Life is short so live and learn, and have fun!
Getting Ready for Hot Yoga
More by this Author
LisaW123 Lest you think a relationship with a child occurs only after he or she is born, think again. There are various ways to “connect” to a baby on the way and plant the seeds of a long-term...
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a living and breathing image must exceed millions, at least in my estimation. Watching and observing my paternal grandmother go about her daily life as I went about mine...
Almond butter has seen its popularity rise as a delicious and healthy alternative to peanut butter. Its wonderful taste, numerous health benefits and versatility has placed it on the mainstream food map as a choice with...