10 Things to Avoid at All Costs
Get your head out of the sand and get moving!
My Top Ten
The road is clearly marked...
You can't hide, no matter what you do!
How to Avoid the Above
- Avoid Hell by getting saved....Salvation is free to everyone, no matter how bad you think you are or how awful you think your past is.....("Dear Jesus, I recognize that I am a sinner in need of salvation, I believe that you died for me and that you rose from the dead. Jesus, come into my heart. I receive you as my Lord and Savior now. And, according to Romans 10:9-10, I am now saved. Thank you Father for saving me ."
- Avoid marrying the wrong person by waiting until you meet the right one. If you are honest with yourself, you will know the right one when they come along.
- Avoid being the wrong person by improving your character. Ask yourself ths question, "Am I the kind of person I would want to befriend?" If you don't want to be a friend to yourself, chances are no one else will like you .
- Avoid being shot by.......hm-mm.....I really don't know how.
- Avoid losing your temper with the police by "shutting up ". Shut-up! Shut-up! Shut-up! When the police stop you for speeding or having no tail light, shut-up. Take the ticket, the scolding or the warning, silently. Tell them thank you and drive off slowly. You can talk when you go to court.
- See number 3 and number 5.
- See number 1.
- Avoid forgetting to forgive by practicing forgiveness on a daily basis. Un-forgiveness kills, forgiveness liberates. No matter what they have done to you or to your family, you must forgive. If you practice forgiving the smaller things, you will find it easier to forgive bigger things.
- Avoid being unkind by treating others as you would like to be treated. We all have moods, but
we must learn to control them and not pour our bad attitude out on some unsuspecting co-worker or family member. A smile will take you farther than a mile.
- Avoid being selfish by learning how to be a cheerful giver. You have things in your possession that you no longer need, no longer use, and no longer like. You are just keeping them because your Aunt Bessie gave them to you. Call the charity truck today and give those things to someone who will appreciate them.
More by this Author
Understand what it means to commit yourself to God. This hub describes the Prayer of Commitment.
To live life well we need to be strong. Many things come against us to make us weak. Here is a brief list of those things.
Prayer is the most important activity in a Christians life. The Bible shows us nine different types of prayers and the rules that govern them.