10 Tips To Loving Yourself
Finding Good In Your Life
Many people say that everyone is beautiful, but that does not always mean you feel it. You feel lost, alone, sad, and sometimes feel like you hate even yourself. But you have to remember that you are part of a miracle known as life. Without this miracle, we would not exist. And the most important aspect is that we are all unique. No two people are the same; we have all followed a path and turned us into what we are today: energy, dreams, smiles, attitudes, values, beliefs, interests, etc. You can never blame the past for anything, because there is a reason that things have turned out the way they are. The Beatles even said it: "All you need is love." But this does not necessarily mean love from other people. In order to feel good in life, you must learn to accept yourself as you are. You can change your physical appearance, but what is on the inside can either be hidden or shared. You have to love yourself and accept yourself as you are: fears, limitations, weaknesses, beliefs, and, somewhat, your physical appearance. If you don't accept and love yourself, you will most likely end up looking inside other people for the traits and features that you do not have, and would like to have being happy. This is never a good idea because you will likely end up being hurt if these people leave your life.Love yourself, with these simple tips:
1. Accept your weaknesses. Everyone has them and everyone needs them. They help you recognize your strengths. Weaknesses are vital parts of ourselves, otherwise we would have nothing to improve in ourselves. They also help to set ourselves goals for the future.
2. Forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. You do not have to fret over having done something wrong. It is a natural part of life. Even animals make mistakes, and they are a given in everyday life. No human is perfect, remember that.
3. Express your feelings with freedom. Do no be afraid to state your opinions loud and clear. That doesn't necessarily mean to scream it from the top of a building. As long as someone or a group of people hear you, and understand you, then you are doing this right.
4. If you don't have control of something, don't worry. It is a natural instinct that humans feel they have to have control. That's what makes roller-coasters scary; we can only hold on, hope and scream. Sometimes, you have to trust someone else with the power.
5. Treat yourself how you would a friend or lover. Buy yourself something nice; chocolate, a teddy bear, a new CD, shoes, clothes, whatever! Learn how you treat your friends and lovers and treat yourself the same. This way, you know what makes them and yourself happy. Happy friends means a happy you.
6. Write yourself a love letter. Send it to yourself. Give it to a friend to send to you in a week or a months time. Tell yourself all your strength, how beautiful you really are. Find a quote that inspires you to be yourself.
7. Believe in positive experiences. If you are always negative, you will not be happy. Being happy will lead to you loving yourself. The glass is always half full, but you can always get more if you wish.
8. Do this exercise: Close your eyes and imagine you are a child again. Tell yourself how good you were, and how beautiful you are going to be when you are older. Do this everyday, once a week, as often as you can. The more you say it to your younger self, the more you will start to enjoy being and loving yourself.
9. Enjoy your body. Everyone is a different shape, size, weight and height. We have to embrace ourselves. Dance around the house with only your underwear on and make it fun! Of course, if you feel you need to lose weight, then start losing weight and maybe going on a diet. When you reach your goal weight (not look!), then enjoy your body as much as you can. Buy some outfits that suit you, and make you look and feel wonderful.
10. Make time for yourself, and yourself only. If you are always looking out for others, stop! It is good to have some alone time, especially if you surround yourself with friends and crowds often. It is nice to relax every now and then, especially after working for 5 or 6 days a week.
Following these tips to leading a happier life and enjoying yourself and your body more, you are sure to start loving yourself as you are more and more.
More by this Author
Instagram is the newest trend (at least after Facebook bought) for iPhone and android users, which allows users to apply a filter to photos and upload and share them across the internet. Here I have created a list of my...
Today, society is bombarded with images of so-called "perfection" through media and technology. It is also used to turn us in to unintentional consumerists. Thanks to social networking and the evolution of...
My emotions are poured into this piece. I thought I had gotten over someone that I liked, however, months later I still could not get them out of my head and heart. This poem is what came from this, having been...