10 Ways to Improve your Attitude
Improve Your Attitude
Become a Happier Person
Improving your attitude means improving your outlook on life. There are many ways to improve your attitude, you just have to want to. All of us have our “luggage”. How we deal with our luggage depends on our attitude. Looking at the bright side of life will make you a much happier person. An upbeat and positive attitude can be contagious too. Here are 10 ways to help you improve your attitude and become a happier person.
10 Ways to Improve Your Attitude
- Relax - Try getting up just 10 minutes earlier than usual. Make yourself a really good cup of coffee, or tea, however you like it. Don’t “hit the floor running”, sit down and relax for just a few minutes, think about the positive things that are going to happen today. Be glad to be alive!
- Talk to yourself, maybe not out loud, people may thing you have finally lost your mind, but tell your inner self that you are going to decide to have a good day. It’s up to you as to how you deal with things that occur during the day. If you will look at the positive side of things, instead of the negative, you will have a much better day!
- Do you have a favorite song? Pick several songs that make you happy. Record them to a disk or download them on your phone. Play them on your way to work. It will make your trip to work go by must faster and if you are lucky, one of the songs will stay on your mind all day!
- Do something nice for someone. Take donuts or breakfast burritos to your co-workers. Pay someone a compliment. Making someone else smile, will make you feel better too.
- Be inspired. Keep your favorite inspirational quotes on your desk or hang them on your wall where you can see them. When you are feeling a little negative, read them and remind yourself that you can change your attitude, it’s all about your outlook.
- Improve your surroundings. Is your work space dull and boring? Perk it up with some of your favorite pictures. Do you enjoy pictures of flowers, birds, or maybe waterfalls? Hang a couple of pictures on the wall or place them on your desk. What is your favorite color? Include something in your work space that is your favorite color. Is your house or apartment dark and gloomy? Brighten it up with pictures, or paint a wall in your favorite color. Surround yourself with things you like.
- Make a list. Write down the positive things in your life. Start with the fact that you woke up this morning! Did you wake up in your own home? Some people woke up in a homeless shelter. Did you eat something for breakfast this morning? Some people are digging in dumpsters trying to find their breakfast. Think about the things that you are thankful for.
- Turn negatives into positives. Did someone cut you off or pull out in front of you while you were driving to work? Instead of getting mad and giving them “the wave”, think about how stressed and unhappy they must be and think to yourself how thankful you are that you are not like them. If some makes a snide remark to you, don’t snap back. Instead, pay them a compliment. Not only will it really piss them off but, you will keep your upbeat attitude and it may even make you smile!
- Surround yourself with positive people. I realize that this is not always possible, but when you can, avoid people with negative attitudes. As I mentioned before, a positive attitude can be contagious, but so can a negative attitude. Don’t let yourself be brought down by someone else’s bad attitude.
- Pat yourself on the back. Acknowledge your accomplishments. Did you do a good job at work today? Did you cook a good meal for dinner? Tell yourself so! Not all of us have someone that will acknowledge our hard work, but you know when you did a good job. There is nothing wrong with praising yourself.
Having a positive attitude will not only make you a happier person, but people will enjoy being around you. Your upbeat attitude will become second nature with time. It can improve your home life as well as your professional life. Remember, you have the ability to control your attitude, it’s all up to you!
You May Also Enjoy Reading
- Stop Feeling Sorry for Yourself and Start Feeling Happy.
Learn some simple strategies you can use to feel happier each day and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Happiness leads to a better life.
- 10 Things You Should Say to Your Children
Our children are so precious, we need to let them know just how important they are to us every day! Of course there are a million and one important things that you should say to your children. However, that list may be a little long! Here are what I
- 5 Things You Shoud Never Say to Your Children
All of us have said things that we wish we had not. Our children are precious gifts from God, but they can “push our buttons” sometimes.
More by this Author
I would like to give women some tips on a few things you can do to make yourself safer when you go out. Some of this information has come to me from safety specialist and law enforcement officials. Some of this...
I know it is easy to just say yes, when the kids want pizza or hamburgers, but I think we say yes too often! With childhood obesity a growing problem, we as parents have to take control again.
Are you looking for a new puppy and would like to know which dog breeds may not be the best with children. After doing much research, I have compiled a list of the 10 most aggresive dog breeds.