10 Weirdest Plastic Surgery Choices That People Make
Plastic surgery is an interesting topic. On the one hand, there are many plastic surgery procedures which have become so commonplace that they are more or less accepted by mainstream society. (Breast implants, face lifts, transgender surgery and gastric bypass surgeries all come to mind.) On the other hand, there are choices that people make with plastic surgery which are considered controversial, cutting-edge or just plain weird.
Here’s a look at ten of the most unusual options for plastic surgery procedures, methods and decisions:
1. Hymenoplasty. There are a lot of strange kinds of plastic surgery that women can get for their genital region. Many of these types of surgery are even becoming almost mainstream. Women can get their outer lips re-shaped. They can get their G-spot amplified to increase sensation. And then there’s this plastic surgery procedure in which the hymen is reconstructed to make it seem as though you’re a virgin again. As any woman who has lost her virginity knows, it’s not all that comfortable to have your hymen broken. Why a woman would want to go through that again is absolutely beyond me.
2. Iris Implants to Change the Color of your Eyes. There are now surgical procedures available which actually allow you to permanently change the color of your eyes. They’re called intraocular implants (or may be known as iris implants) and they do require actual surgery to be performed on the eye. There are a lot of risks to this procedure. It was initially done to assist people with actual eye problems (such as albino eyes that were hypersensitive to light) but now it’s being done by people who just want to skip the hassle of color contacts and get the color of their eyes changed forever.
3. Pubic Hair Transplant. Apparently there are some women in the world whose bodies don’t grow huge bushes of pubic hair. While their hairy sisters are busy spending money on shaving, waxing and eradicating their pubic hair, these ladies are actually getting surgical procedures done to transplant hair to the pubic range. How retro. And how weird.
4. Nipple Removal. People who are interested in extreme body modification sometimes choose to get their nipples removed. This procedure is rarely (if ever) done by women because there are a lot of complications involved in removing female nipples. However it’s an increasingly common procedure among men in the body modification world. The procedure is painful, bloody and seemingly pointless.
5. Vampire Teeth Implants. There is a subsection of society that is not only interested in vampire stories but wants to truly become a vampire. One of the ways that people immersed in this world will do this is to get extreme dental surgery such as getting permanent implants of fangs on their teeth. This requires pulling out the original teeth and getting fake implants surgically inserted into the gums.
6. Ankle Lipo. Liposuction is a common surgery that everyone is familiar with. However some people really take it too far. There are some areas of the body that rarely have a lot of fat – ankles, the upper back and the neck are the best examples. If you’re getting ankle lipo then you’re really serious about your plastic surgery.
7. DIY Plastic Surgery. Sometimes it’s not the procedure that’s weird; it’s the way that you decide to do it. Doing it yourself is one of those ideas that is never a good idea. However because of cost (or because doctors refuse to do the surgery for one reason or another) there’s a frighteningly large number of DIY plastic surgery horror stories walking around out there. The most reported example is of a woman named Hang Mioku who had gotten so many procedures done that she couldn’t get a doctor to continue working on her. She was addicted to cosmetic surgery and started injecting herself with silicone to keep up her look. She ran out of silicone and then injected herself with cooking oil. Hello? Bad idea!!
8. Look Alike Plastic Surgery. This is comprehensive plastic surgery that is designed to make the patient look like someone else. Usually the person wants to look like someone who is famous. Sometimes, however, they want to look like someone else that they know (such as the case of the Mom and Daughter look alikes). Creepy!!
9. Extreme Plastic Surgery Requiring Many, Many, Many Plastic Surgery Procedures. There are a few people in the world who are trying so hard to look extremely different from the way that they look naturally that they have to get hundreds of thousands of dollars of plastic surgery (and some rather odd procedures) to complete the look. The most famous example is the man who is trying to look like a tiger. He’s had a number of different procedures done to make him look as feline as possible and he’s not done yet. He plans to keep getting more work done as long as he can find surgeons willing to perform what he wants completed.
10. Pet Plastic Surgery. It’s not just people that are getting weird plastic surgery. It’s also pets. Yep, there are pet owners out there who think that a doggy face lift is exactly what their pooch needs to be perfect. Apparently some of these procedures are justified as medically necessary. Generally these tend to be procedures in which the folds of the animal’s skin are removed or tightened up (similar to a face lift or eye lift surgery) which makes it easier for the owner to keep the pet clean. I don’t think that I’m buying that it’s necessary, though. What do you think?
More by this Author
You are in charge of planning a baby shower and the last thing on your mind is probably the games that you’re going to play at this event. Sure, it has crossed your mind that you need to figure out what games you...
You are pregnant and you're past your due date. You don't want to have your doctor medically induce labor because you're not quite convinced that's good for the baby. Enough time might not even have passed since your...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.